National Insurance has a wide range of travel insurance products through which you can get financial protection against any mishappenings during a trip. So, if you are looking for travel insurance, check out the National Travel Insurance Policies mentioned on this page below. The insurer provides you two types of travel insurance plans:
- National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday
- National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy
Under National Travel Insurance plans, you will get coverage for medical expenses, medical emergency reunion, loss of baggage, loss of passport, etc. So, read this page further and know more about the National Insurance Travel Insurance Policy coverage in detail:
National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday
This National Travel Insurance policy covers travel emergencies in case you are traveling abroad. This policy could come in handy if you are traveling due to any of the following reasons –
- Business and Holiday
- Employment and Study
- Corporate Travels
The policy includes:
- Coverage for Medical expenses, medical evacuation, repatriation of mortal remains up to USD 5,00,000
- Personal accident & disablement coverage up to USD 25,000
- Loss of checked-in baggage coverage up to USD 1,000
- Delay of checked-in baggage coverage up to USD 100
- Loss of passport coverage up to USD 250
- Third-party bodily injury & property damage coverage up to USD 2,00,000
This policy comes in two variants: Plan A & B. If you choose Plan A, you’ll also get coverage for emergency dental services up to USD 225 per occurrence.
You can add Plan K to this policy and get coverage for travel in Asian countries excluding Japan for business and holidays up to $15,000.
Note: Medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation are restricted to USD 15,000 per event. Whereas Personal Accident and Permanent Disability are restricted to USD 7,500 per event.
National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy
If you are traveling abroad due to employment/studies, this National Travel Insurance would suit you by covering you against the following:
- Medical expenses for up to USD 5,00,000
- Medical evacuation for up to USD 10,000
- Repatriation of remains for up to USD 10,000
- Medical emergency reunion for up to USD 5,000
- Contingency insurance applicable for sponsored students up to USD 750 for each month of study completed
- Dental expenses for up to USD 225 per occurrence
You can add the following coverage under this policy by paying an extra premium for it.
- Loss of checked-in baggage covered up to USD 1,000
- Delay of checked-in baggage covered up to USD 100
General Exclusions from National Insurance Travel Insurance
The insurer shall not be liable to pay for the claims arising out of the following:
- If you are traveling against the advice of a Physician
- Receiving or on a waiting list for specified medical treatment as declared in the Physician’s report or certificate
- Traveling to obtain treatment
- Traveling if you have received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition
- Suicide attempted suicide or willfully self-inflicted injury or illness
- Mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression
- Venereal disease
- Treatment of alcoholism
- Abuse of drugs
- Injury, illness, death, loss, expenses, or other liability attributable to HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or any HIV related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or any mutant derivative or variations
- Participation in Naval, Military or Air Force operations.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalization or requisition of or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or local authority.
- Claim arising from the loss or destruction or damage to any property
- Consequential loss
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component
- Engagement in Air Travel unless the insured flies as a passenger on an aircraft
- Participation in winter sports, mountaineering, riding or driving in races or rallies, caving or potholing, hunting or equestrian, skew diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters
- Participation in professional or hazardous sports
- Losses arising from accidents on two-wheeled motorized vehicles unless you have a valid international driving license and wearing a safety crash helmet.
- Losses arising directly or indirectly from manual work or hazardous occupation
- Self-exposure to needless peril unless you save a human life
- Involvement in any criminal or illegal activity
Conditions Applicable to National Travel Insurance
- First, $100 of all claims shall be borne by the insured
- If your age is 70+ and are going on a journey for more than 60 days, you need to submit ECG, Fasting Blood Sugar or Urine Strip test medical reports to the insurer along with the proposal form. And in case you are unable to submit the medical reports, coverage will be restricted to USD 10,000.