IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance provides Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana (PBBY) for Indian migrant workers falling under Emigration Check Required (ECR) category seeking employment overseas. You are eligible for IFFCO TOKIO Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna if you are going to work in any of the following countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Thailand, Malaysia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia, Jordan, Sudan, Syria, South Sudan, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Libya, Saudi Arabia. Read this page further and know more about the IFFCO TOKIO Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana coverage and exclusions.
IFFCO TOKIO Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana Coverage
The insurer shall provide coverage against the following:
- Compensation of INR 10 Lakh in case of accidental death or permanent disability due to an accident
- Expenses incurred on transporting mortal remains of the insured from the place of death to back to India
- Attendants’ airfare incurred during the transportation of mortal remains
- Hospitalization expenses up to INR 1 Lakh, subject to a maximum of INR 50,000 per instance of hospitalization
- Family Hospitalization cover in India for spouse and children up to INR 50,000, payable in case of death or permanent disability of the insured
- Maternity expenses up to INR 35,000 for standard delivery or INR 50,000 for a cesarean operation for female emigrants.
List of hospitalization expenses covered under the Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna:
- Room rent, boarding, and nursing expenses including registration and service charges.
- Surgeon, Consultant, Anaesthetist, Specialist and Medical Practitioner fees
- Cost of Anaesthesia, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Blood, Medicines, and Diagnostic Expenses, etc.
Exclusions from IFFCO TOKIO Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana
The insurer isn’t liable to pay for the claim arising out of the following:
- Events, incidents, accidents that occurred before the commencement or after the expiry of the policy are not covered.
- Working in a different country or in a different profession or under a different employer or a different sponsor as mentioned in the proposal form
- If your passport and visa expire and you fail to renew the same
- Traveling against the advice of a physician
- Diagnosed with a terminal medical condition
- Undergoing or on the waiting list for a specific medical condition
- Participating in a military, naval or air force operation
- Contamination from radioactivity from nuclear fuel, nuclear waste or burning of any nuclear fuel
- Exposure to Ionizing radiations.
- Toxic, Radioactive, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear component/assembly.
- Illness due to Asbestosis or any other condition resulting from working with, handling, processing, manufacturing, distribution, use or sale of asbestosis or related materials.
- Intentional self-injury, attempt to suicide or suicide
- Drug addiction, alcoholism or under the influence of liquor
- War, warlike situation, an act of foreign enemies, hostilities, military action, power usurpation, rebellion, civil war, insurrection, riots or confiscation of property, nationalization of property or demolition of a property under the order of civic or government bodies in the country of your employment.
- Anxiety, mental disorder, depression, stress, venereal disease or any loss directly or indirectly attributable to HIV or AIDS
- Consequential losses
- Traveling to a country against whom the Government of India has issued a travel ban or is considering imposing travel restrictions
- Criminal or illegal activity
Terms & Conditions Applicable to IFFCO TOKIO Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
- To file a mortal remains claim, you need to notify the insurer within 90 days of the body reaching India.
- Hospitalization expenses shall be reimbursed if the treatment is received as an in-patient in a recognized hospital or nursing home
- Hospitalization claims are valid if they arise out of an accident, injury or sickness
- You can receive medical treatment in India, the country of your employment or any third country. But your family members are eligible to receive the treatment in India only.
- The insurer will cover the one-way Economy Class airfare for your return to India, in case of the following:
- If on your arrival in the new country, your employer or his representative don’t receive you
- If on your arrival in the new country, you find out that the employment agreement has been changed without any intimation
- Your employment is terminated without any notice
- You will receive reimbursement for litigation expenses incurred by you for initiation or facing legal action due to employment.
- The premium amount is INR 275 for two years and INR 375 for three years
- All documents such as hospital bills, tickets, receipts, medical reports, vouchers, etc, will be required.
- All claims will be settled in Indian currency only