Bike Insurance 884 views November 8, 2018

Now that you have sold your two-wheeler vehicle to another, it is obvious that the insurance cover you had bought to secure your vehicle also needs to be transferred to the new owner. To ease the insurance transfer process, it is important that you hand over the following documents along with your vehicle:-

  • A No-Objection letter from your end to the new owner;
  • Form 29/30, sale deed of the two wheelers and a copy of the RC duly signed by you;
  • In case you had bought a FASTag for automatic toll deduction without having to stop for carrying out the cash transaction, you will need to hand over the RTO transfer fee paid receipt;
  • Any amount of differential premium left in case of recovery of No Claims Bonus (NCB) or personal accident cover bought for yourself or the driver of your vehicle;
  • A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financier of your vehicle, if there is any.

In case, you are planning to buy someone else’s two-wheeler vehicle, the original owner will also have to hand over the aforementioned documents to you to enable transfer of the insurance in your name.

People Also Read