Kotak Invest Maxima is a Unit-linked Life Assurance Plan that allows you to enhance your investment with maximum premium allocation with the help of 5 different power-backed fund options – Classic Opportunities Fund, Frontline Equity Fund, Balance Fund, Dynamic Bond Fund and Money Market Fund.
All-in-all, this insurance plan can give you returns as well as protection for your loved ones. Want to know the key features of Kotak Invest Maxima Insurance Plan? Here, we will tell the same. Other than this, we will talk about its eligibility and benefits too. Let’s start to know the same.
Key Features of Kotak Invest Maxima Insurance Plan
When you are choosing a Life Insurance Plan, it’s crucial to understand its key features so that you can get the maximum out of your investments. We are showing the same for the Kotak Maxima Plan below that you can check!
- One of the biggest advantages of this insurance plan from Kotak Life is that policyholders don’t need to pay any premium allocation charges for your plan
- With this plan, individuals will receive the survival units up to 2% of the fund value. However, it will start from the 10th year and every 5th year thereafter. With this amount, you can easily enhance your long-term savings if your policy is in force for a long period.
- With the Kotak Invest Maxima Life Insurance Plan, individuals can choose from two portfolio strategies – Systematic Switching Strategy and Self-managed – according to your convenience, and protect your life along with returns
- You can also enjoy flexible premium payment options so that you don’t need to worry about the premium towards your policy. These options are Regular, Limited, and Single Premium.
- This plan from Kotak also provides a few additional benefits so that you never lag in the fast-paced world. Some of them are Top-up Premium, Partial Withdrawals, Switching/Premium Redirection, Increase/Decrease in the basic sum assured.
- You can also enjoy tax benefits under Section 80C and Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Benefits of Kotak Invest Maxima Insurance Plan
Now that you have understood some key features of this plan, let’s know them in detail. We are showing them below. Do check!
Policyholders will receive a maturity sum if they survive till the end of the policy term. The sum of the following amounts will be their maturity benefit.
- Value of your fund in the main account including Survival Units (if any), and
- Fund Value in the Top-up accounts (if any)
You must be thinking about how you can take your maturity amount? Well, Kotak Life provides a few methods by which you can do this. Here are those methods.
- You can get your entire maturity amount as an immediate payout in one single installment
- You can choose to get one part of this amount as a lump sum, and the other part as equal installments with the Settlement Option for five years
- Whole maturity amount in equal installments over a maximum period of five years
With the Kotak Invest Maxima Life Insurance Plan, the nominee will receive death benefits in case the insured dies during the policy term. The death benefit will be the highest of the following options.
- Basic Sum Assured
- Overall Fund Value in the Main Account including Survival Units (if any)
- 105% of the premiums paid up to the date of death
Apart from this, the highest of the following amounts will also be given.
- Top-up Sum Assured
- Overall Fund Value of the top-up account
- 105% of the Top-up premium
Eligibility Criteria of Kotak Invest Maxima Insurance Plan
Want to know the conditions that are necessary to meet to have Kotak Invest Maxima Insurance Plan? Well, we are showing them below. Please check!
- The entry age for this plan ranges from 0 years to 65 years, while the maturity age can be as early as 10 years and can go up to 75 years.
- The policy term for this plan varies according to the premium payment options. For the Regular and Limited Premium option, it ranges from 10 to 30 years, while for Single-Premium, it is fixed at 10 years.
- Premium payment term will be the same as the policy term chosen by you in the Regular option, while it will be 5 years for the Limited Option.
- The premium amount ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 2,50,000 according to the premium payment option.
- The top-up premium can be as low as INR 20,000. However, it cannot exceed the sum of all the regular premium or single premium paid at a given point of time.
- The top-up sum assured will be 1.25 times the top-up premium if the age of the policyholder is less than 45 years, while individuals with 45 years of age and above will get 1.10 times the top-up premium as the sum assured.