HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage Plan is a non-linked life insurance policy with participation benefits. It ensures lifelong regular income to the policyholder along with the flexibility of payout option and cover for a whole life. It also offers flexibility to accrue the payouts of survival benefits. The option of deferred income is also offered along with guaranteed benefits. Tax benefits are also available under this plan under the prescribed sections of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Sanchay Par Advantage plan provides an option to receive cover for the entire life of the insured (till 100 years of age). It helps to build a huge corpus for achieving the goals that you have planned and to secure your family’s future without any compromises.
Features of HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage
Key features offered by HDFC Sanchay Par Advantage plan are as follows:
- Sanchay Par Advantage offers life cover to the insured up to as long as the insured lives or as high as 100 years of age
- It allows the insured to choose from immediate or deferred income options according to their needs.
- It offers the flexibility to choose accrue payouts of survival benefits under the plan. This life insurance plan can be brought only on a single life basis.
- The risk under the policy starts from the first policy anniversary when the age is less than a year and for other ages, the risk under the policy starts from the date of the contract’s inception.
- If the life insured is a minor individual, the policy will vest on him/her when he/she attains 18 years of age and the income payouts of the plan should be used for the minor’s benefits.
- The policyholder can choose to pay the premium either annually, semi-annually, monthly or quarterly as per his/her needs. The holder of the policy can also change the premium paying frequency at any time during the term of the insurance plan.
- The policyholder can also choose to receive the pay-outs in the future either annually, semi-annually, monthly or quarterly.
- The policy offers participation benefit to the policyholder. Cash bonus and terminal bonus will be paid to the policyholder, in the end, the following financial year in which the profits were declared.
- The option of acquiring a surrender value is available under this plan upon the payment of the initial two years’ premium for the plan.
- The plan offers two rider options to be added with it to enhance its coverage. The two-rider options that can be added to the plan include HDFC Life Income Benefit on Accidental Disability rider and HDFC Life Critical Illness Plus Rider.
- This policy offers a loan facility to the policyholder which can be maximum of 80% of the surrender value of the insurance policy. This provides liquidity to the policyholder when he /she is in need of funds.
- The premiums paid for the plan by the policyholder and the benefits received under the plan are eligible for tax exemptions under the prescribed section of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- In case the insured commits suicide within 12 months of the date of commencement of the risk under the plan, 80% of the premium paid till the date of death will be refunded to the nominee of the insurance plan.
Eligibility Criteria of HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage
The eligibility conditions required to purchase the HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage are stated as follows:
Benefits of HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage
The benefits offered by Sanchay Par Advantage plan of HDFC Life Insurance are as follows:
It offers two options of income which includes Immediate Income and Deferred Income.
- Immediate Income is an option that provides regular and steady income by cash bonus from the first policy year and pays lump-sum amount at the maturity of the plan.
- Deferred Income is an option that pays guaranteed income for a guaranteed time period along with regular and steady income in the form of cash bonus throughout the policy term. It also pays a lump sum maturity benefit on the maturity of the plan.
- Immediate Income Option: Cash bonus is paid as a survival benefit at the end of every policy year. It is paid from the very first year of the policy until the death of the insured or the end of the policy term, whichever is earlier.
- Deferred Income Option: Under this option, the guaranteed income plus the discretionary cash bonus is paid in arrears 1 year after the end of the premium payment term.
- Immediate Income Option: Maturity benefit is paid at the end of the policy term if the insured survives until that time. The sum assured on maturity under the plan along with accrued cash bonus, terminal bonus and interim survival benefit are paid as maturity benefits. The sum assured on maturity is the total annualized premium amount payable under the insurance policy.
- Deferred Income Option: Under this option, the maturity benefit is the same as under the immediate income option. However, the maturity benefit under this option also includes accrued guaranteed income, if not already paid to the policyholder.
- Immediate Income Option: The death benefit is paid to the nominee of the policy on the death of the insured individual during the term of the plan. It is paid as a lump sum amount, which is the sum assured on death under the insurance plan in addition to interim survival benefit (if any), accrued cash bonus (if not earlier paid) and terminal bonus (if declared by the insurance company). The sum assured on death will be highest of 10 times the annualized premium amount or 105% of the total premium paid by the policyholder or sum assured on the maturity of the policy or death multiple × the annualized premium.
- Deferred Income Option: The death benefit under this option is the same as immediate income option but in addition to an accrued guaranteed income.
The option of Deferral of survival benefits
Policyholders at any time during the term of the plan can defer the survival benefit that arises to him/her out of the declared cash bonuses or guaranteed income. They can accrue the benefit and receive it in a lump sum at a later stage. The policyholder also has the option to opt-in or opt-out of this facility during the policy term.
Additional benefit up to 1.2 % of the annualized premium is offered for those policies that have annualized premium of more than INR 1 Lakh.
A 30-day grace period is allowed to the policyholders to pay all the due amount of premiums to ensure that the policy does not lapse. For a monthly premium payment option, a 15-day grace period is allowed.
Free Look Period
A period of 15 days is allowed from the date of inception of the policy within which the policyholder, if not satisfied with the plan, can return it to the insurance company. The premiums paid are refunded subject to certain deductions as may be provided.
HDFC Life Sanchay Par Advantage is an ideal insurance plan for those who are looking for wider coverage and benefits along with participation in the bonuses declared by the insurance company. This plan helps the policyholder accumulate a corpus for their family’s future. The rider options enhance its benefits and provide wider assurance and coverage. You can choose to add them as per your needs. With whole life cover, survival benefits and guaranteed income, Sanchay Par Advantage plan of HDFC Life Insurance is worth buying!