TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy protects you financially from the consequences of accidents such as – death, Permanent Total Disability (PTD) and dismemberment of any body part. This policy covers persons whose age is between 12-65 years. And you can purchase this policy on an individual or family floater basis. Salient features and benefits of TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy are:
- Accidental Death Payout
- PTD Benefit
- Accidental Permanent Dismemberment/Disability Benefit
Keep reading this post further and know about the features and benefits of the TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy in detail.
Benefits Under TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy
If you purchase this personal accident insurance plan from TATA AIG, you’ll get the following benefits –
Accidental Death Payout
The insurance company pays the capital sum insured to your nominee if you die in an accident.
If the accidental bodily injury results in permanent total disability and now the insured is unable to engage in any occupation or profession, provided the disability has continued for 12 consecutive months from the date of the accident, the insurer will pay a capital sum insured.
Accidental Permanent Dismemberment/Disability Benefit
TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy covers the following disability if it results due to an accident-
- Loss of sight of both eyes is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured.
- Physical separation of two hands is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Physical separation of two entire feet is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Physical separation of one entire hand and one entire foot is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of sight of one eye and separation of one entire hand or foot is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of use of two hand or feet is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of the use of one hand and one foot is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of one hand or foot is covered up to 100% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of sight of one eye or separation of one entire hand or foot is covered up to 50% of the capital sum insured
- Loss of the use of one hand or one foot is covered up to 50% of the capital sum insured
Exclusions from TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy
- The insurer will not cover the same injury or disablement under this policy more than once
- The insurer will not pay more than the Sum Insured under the policy during any one year of insurance, for any one Insured Person.
- The coverage is not valid for pre-existing injury or disablement
- Claims aren’t valid in respect of death, injury or disablement if they arise due to – intentional self-injury, suicide, abuse of intoxicating liquor or drug, insanity or any breach of law with criminal intent.
- War, invasion, an act of a foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution insurrection, mutiny, military/usurped power, seizure, capture, arrests, restraints and detainments.
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from nuclear weapons material
- Injury or disablement occurs due to participation in winter sports, skydiving/parachuting, hand gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing, riding, driving in races or rallies, caving, pot-holing, hunting, equestrian activities, skin diving, underwater activity, rafting, canoeing, yachting or boating outside coastal waters and participation in any professional sports.
TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy Claim Procedure
If any of the covered risks occur during the policy period, follow the below steps –
- Intimate the insurer
- Submit the required documents
- Your claim request will be reviewed and approved accordingly
To receive the claim amount, you need to submit a set of documents to the insurer for verification, an indicative list of documents is shown below –
For Death Claim
- Duly filled claim form
- Original death certificate
- Original Post Mortem Report, if conducted
- Copy of First Information Report (FIR), Spot Panchnama and Police Inquest report, if applicable
- Complete medical records – death summary (in case of hospitalization)
- KYC Documents
For Disability Claim
- Duly filled claim form
- Attending doctor’s report
- Original disability certificate
- Complete medical records – X-Ray, MRI, etc.
- Copy of First Information Report (FIR) and Police Inquest report, if applicable
- KYC documents
The insurer will return all the original documents post verification.
Note – The insurer may call you for additional documents/information, if necessary.
How to Intimate the Insurer?
You can intimate the insurer by using any of the following ways –
- Calling the toll-free number 1-800-119966 or 022-66939500
- For senior citizen policyholders, the insurer provides the helpline number – 1800 22 9966.
- Sending an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send an SMS ‘CLAIMS’ at 5616181 from your registered mobile number
TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy Sum Insured & Premium Rates
The premium rate and sum insured range under TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy is stated below –
- For an individual plan – The minimum sum insured is INR 25,000 per person per year and can be increased thereafter in multiples of INR 25,000 up to INR 5,00,000
- For a family floater plan – The minimum sum insured of the primary insured person is INR 1,00,000, and the dependent child will get a sum insured of INR 25,000/- Premium of sum Insured of Rs 25,000.
- Premium amount is calculated based on the sum insured, so for a sum insured of INR 25,000, the premium rate is INR 15
Note -. Premium rates are subject to change before approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
You can enhance your sum insured only at the time of renewal, and it will be approved by the insurance company based on your income poof.
For Salaried – Up to 10X the Gross Annual Income
For Self-employed – Up to 20X the Gross Annual Income
Free Look Period
You will have 15-days from the date of receipt of the policy document to review the terms and conditions of the TATA AIG Janata Personal Accident Policy. And if you have any objection, you can return the policy to the insurer stating the reasons for cancellation. The insurer will refund the paid premiums after deducting the stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium.
Note – The policy can be canceled only if you have not made any claims under the policy. This free look period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.