It should be a no brainer to understand the importance of taking care of your health in today’s lives. But often we fail to do so and find ourselves lying in a hospital bed. Hospitalization expenses are quite high these days and beyond the reach of some. However, a Health Insurance Policy ensures we don’t have to pay for such expenses. But would you like to choose a Health Insurance Policy that can provide cover for your health as well as your family? Well, we believe you will most likely say YES! This is possible with the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy. With the option of Family Package, the sum insured under this plan will be distributed equally among all the family members you want to cover under this Insurance Plan.
With the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy, the sum insured can go as high as INR 15 lakh if you are choosing a normal plan. However, under its Gold Plan, the sum insured ranges from INR 3 lakh to INR 25 lakh. One of the important things that separate this health insurance policy from the rest is its availability of coverage for Non-allopathic treatments up to a certain limit. Other than this, there are several amazing features of this policy, such as Super Restoration, Automatic Restoration, Day Care Procedures Coverage that customers can enjoy.
Want to know these features and benefits in detail? We will cover the same here, as well as its exclusions, eligibility so that you can understand better. Read on to know more!
Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy Highlights
As we told earlier that Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy can be a suitable choice for you. Let’s understand the features of this policy that make this so popular among customers. We are showing them below. Have a look!
- One of the best features of this Health Insurance Plan from Star is that individuals can choose a Gold Plan with which they can get a wider cover with higher sum insured options of INR 3 lakh, INR 4 lakh, INR 5 lakh, INR 10 lakh, INR 15 lakh, INR 20 lakh and INR 25 lakh.
- With the Gold Plan of Medi Classic Insurance Policy, newborn babies will also get coverage from the 16th day after delivery. Remember, this will not be applicable under a Regular plan.
- Under the Gold Plan, customers get Super Restoration Feature with which up to 100% of the basic sum insured for the same disease or ailment can be restored in subsequent hospitalization.
- This Insurance plan also offers Automatic Restoration of the entire sum insured by 200% including your previous sum insured.
- Under the Gold Plan, any expenses related to Organ Donor will also get covered up to the sum insured of your policy.
- All Daycare Procedures ( Treatments for which you get discharged on the same day) will get coverage under the Medi Classic Insurance Policy.
- The Sum Insured options under Regular Plan are INR 1.5 lakh, INR 2 lakh, INR 3 lakh, INR 4 lakh, INR 5 lakh, INR 10 lakh and INR 15 lakh. So, you can see the difference in the maximum limit of Sum Insured in both plans.
- The Term of policy is fixed for a maximum of 1 Year by Star India Insurance Company. You can renew your policy after this period. Also, you can enjoy Tax Benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act with this Policy on the amount paid by any other mode than Cash.
Benefits of Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy
Looking to know the benefits of Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy? We are showing all the benefits in detail so that you can understand better. Please look!
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days before the admission to the hospital
- Post Hospitalization expenses after 60 days of Discharge (maximum of INR 5,000 per Hospitalization)
- Expenses related to Room, Boarding & Nursery – 2% of the Sum Insured, subject to a maximum of INR 5,000
- Emergency Ambulance Charges up to INR 750 per hospitalization and INR 1,500 per Policy Period
- After every four claim-free years, you can get a Free of cost Health Check-up. For this benefit, your sum insured should be above INR 2 lakh only.
- Cumulative Bonus in the form of 5% of the Basic Sum Insured for every claim-free year (up to a maximum of 25%)
- Non-allopathic Treatment up to 25% of the Basic Sum Insured, subject to a maximum of INR 25,000 during the entire policy period
- Family Package Plan will not be available under the Gold Plan. In a Regular Plan, this is for persons from 5 months to 45 years. The sum insured will be equally divided among them.
Gold Plan Benefits
As we said in the highlights earlier that with the Gold Plan, you can enjoy a wider range of benefits. Want to know those? We are showing them below. Do check!
- Room, Boarding & Nursing expenses up to INR 5,000 per day with the Sum Insured of INR 3 lakh and INR 4 lakh and above
- Emergency Ambulance Charges up to INR 2,000 per Hospitalization as compared to INR 750 in Regular Plan.
- 25% of the Basic Sum Insured in the second year as Cumulative Bonus and 20% of the Sum Insured for each following years up to a maximum of 100% total
- Treatment-related to Domiciliary Hospitalization if the period exceeds 3 days
- Lump-sum payment in the case of a Shared Accommodation
- Additional Sum Insured in the case of a Road Traffic Accident. The basic sum insured can be increased by up to 50%.
- New Born Babies will get coverage from the 16th day of Delivery up to 10% of the Sum Insured or INR 50,000, whichever is less.
- Non-allopathic Treatments up to 25% of the Basic Sum Insured, subject to a maximum of INR 25,000 during the entire policy period
- Add-on Covers like Patient Care, Hospital Cash can be given by paying an additional premium amount towards your Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy.
- On choosing the Gold Plan, customers will also get a 5% Family Discount if 2 or more members are covered under this Plan.
Eligibility Criteria for Medi Classic Insurance Policy
There are a few conditions you need to take care of while choosing the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy. Here are those conditions.
- For regular plans, the entry age is 5 years that can go up to a maximum of 65 years
- On the other hand, the entry age for Gold Plan is fixed on the 16th day from Birth to a maximum of 65 years
- For pre-existing diseases, the waiting period is 48 months. It means you can get claims for any treatments related to pre-existing diseases after 4 years. However, for normal diseases or illnesses, this period is 30 days other than accidents.
- You will also get a free look period of 15 days from the inception of the policy
- For your Medi Classic Insurance Policy, you will get a grace period of 30 days from the expiry of the policy
Exclusions from the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy
There are a few things for which you will not get coverage from the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy. Before choosing the plan, it is important to know them. Have a look!
- Pregnancy, Infertility
- Any Treatment outside India
- Circumcision, Sex change surgery, cosmetic surgery & plastic surgery
- War, Terrorism, Civil War and breach of Law
- Any hospital admission mainly for investigation diagnostic purpose
- Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, or self-inflicted surgeries
How to get Claims for Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy?
Coming to the most important aspect i.e. the Claim Settlement Process, Star Health Insurance Company provides two options with which you can get Claims — Cashless and Reimbursement method. Check the details about both of them!
Cashless Claim Method
- For the cashless claim method, the first thing you need to do is intimate by dialing 1800 425 2255 or 1800 012 4477.
- For identification, Show your Health ID Card at the Hospital’s reception.
- Submit the Pre-admission investigations and Consultation papers to the Hospital. Network hospitals will verify your identity and submit the pre-authorization form to Star Health.
- Before processing the Claim, the team will verify all the documents. An assigned doctor may visit the hospital if required.
- After discharge, the hospital will send all the claim documents to the company, and the amount will be settled directly to the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim Method
- At both Network and Non-network hospitals, Reimbursement of expenses can be availed only within 15 days from the date of discharge. However, the Intimation of Claims should be done within 24 hours of Hospitalization.
- After admission to a hospital, get the treatment, settle your bills and send your reimbursement claims regarding the Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy.
- You will need to submit the claim documents to the company within 15 days after getting discharged.