You must be hearing about numerous accident cases on news channels or reading about them in newspapers. The injuries resulting from accidents may require medical intervention, which could cost you a lot. But if you choose the Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy, you can secure yourself financially. This is a Star Health Insurance Policy that offers protection to you and your loved ones in case you meet with an accident with a sum insured of INR 5 to INR 15 lakh. With this insurance, you or your family members will be financially secured in the case of Accidental Death, Temporary Total Disablement, Permanent Partial Disablement and Permanent Total Disablement. Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy term is 1 year, 2 years and 3 years, and if your family is covered under the policy, you can claim a 10% discount on the total premium. Let’s read this page below to learn more about Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy coverage and exclusion.
Coverage Limit Under Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy
Star Health will pay from your sum insured whenever the covered risk arises. Check out the table below to know the payable amount for the covered risks.
Star Health will provide you the following benefits when there is an admissible claim.
- Educational grant to children from INR 10,000-20,000 for families where there are one or more than two children.
- Ambulance Charges and transportation expenses of the insured mortal remains at INR 5,000.
- Insured relative travel expenses for a compassionate visit up to 1% of the total sum insured or actuals, subject to maximum INR 50,000
- Vehicle and Residence Modification expenses up to 10% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of INR 50,000.
- Blood purchase expenses up to 5% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of INR 10,000
- Expenses related to transportation of imported medicines covered up to 5% of the total sum insured, subject to maximum INR 20,000.
Optional Benefits Under Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy at Additional Premium
Medical Expenses Extension: It will come at 25% or 10% of the sum insured or actuals, whichever is less, subject to a maximum of INR 5 lakh per policy period. And this amount will be payable in addition to the base sum insured.
Coverage for Winter Sports: An extension is granted to the insured where sports injury or illness will be covered.
Hospital Cash: Get a cash benefit of INR 10,000 from Star Health for each completed day of hospitalization if hospitalization happens within 30 days from the date of the accident. The hospital Cash benefit is payable up to 15 days per occurrence and 60 days per policy period.
Home Convalescence: Star Health pays INR 500 for each completed day, subject to a maximum of 15 days per occurrence and 60 days per policy period. This amount is payable in addition to the base policy sum insured.
Exclusions From Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy
You aren’t able to claim the following expenses under this Star Health Insurance plan.
- Any payment, in case of more than one claim during any one period of insurance by which Star Health liability exceeds the capital sum insured. This exclusion will not apply to optional and add on benefits.
- Any health risk claim relating to events occurring before the commencement of the cover or outside insurance period.
- Pre-existing illness or injury
- Death or Disablement due to intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Mental disorder treatment
- Sexually transmitted conditions
- Venereal disease
- Any loss which is directly or indirectly attributable to HIV or any HIV related illness including AIDS, insanity and any mutant derivative or its variations.
- Air Travel except as a fare-paying passenger
- War and warlike occurrence, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion. riots, confiscation, nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Participation in competitions of professional or semi-professional sports, hazardous sport or any hazardous activity
- Physically and mentally challenged person
- Breach of law
From the date of receipt of the Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy, 15 days is provided to you by Star Health during which you can read the policy terms and conditions. And if you don’t agree to Star Health terms and conditions, you can return Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy and get a refund of your paid premium if you haven’t claimed during the free look period.
The refund is subject to the paid premiums less the pre-acceptance medical examination expenses (if borne by Star Health), stamp duty charges, if any, and the proportionate risk premium.
Special Conditions for Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy
- Any accidents which affect physical or mental function have already occurred before the time of the accident, a deduction as certified by a Government Doctor is made in respect of your disability.
- For any accident that impairs several physical or mental functions, the degree of disablement benefits will be added together, but in any case, it will not exceed 100% of the Sum Insured or 150% in case of Permanent Total Disablement.
- When the insured person is suffering from Permanent Partial Disablement, the Sum Insured under Star Health Group Accident Insurance Policy is reduced by the amount of admissible claim.
- For a Permanent Disablement claim, you will be under an obligation to have yourself examined by the doctor appointed by Star Health.
- If a claim is of 100% of the Capital Sum Insured or 150% in case of Permanent Total Disablement, the coverage under the policy ceases and the policy cannot be renewed for such relevant insured members.
- If a claim is less than 100% of the Sum Insured, the coverage under the policy will continue until the expiry of the balance sum insured and Star Health excludes such disability on renewal that has already been claimed in respect of such persons only.