As you would know that we are currently living in a pandemic-affected world caused by the Novel Coronavirus. Look around yourself, and you’ll see faces covered with masks. This virus does not only affect your health, but you may also end up exhausting your savings while getting treatment for it in a hospital. It would be, therefore, wise to choose Star Health Corona Kavach Policy and keep your finances in good shape while you are recovering from COVID-19. This insurance plan will act as a ‘Kavach’ (Shield) against any financial problems that may arise during your treatment.
Until now, there has been no definite medicine or vaccines to cure Coronavirus. That’s why it is important to have an Insurance Policy that can cover your treatments. Star Health Corona Kavach Policy is an indemnity policy that will cover your Hospitalization Expenses for the treatment of COVID-19 up to the sum insured. The best thing about this policy is its availability on both individual and floater basis. So, on choosing this policy, both you and your family will get coverage for massive expenses towards COVID-19 treatment.
Want to know the highlights and basic features of this policy? We will cover the same in this article. You can also know the benefits, eligibility criteria, and settlement procedure. Keep reading to know more!
Star Health Corona Kavach Policy Highlights
There are a few things that have been making Star Health Corona Kavach Policy quite popular among people who want a financial cover while getting COVID-19 treatment. We are showing a few highlights of this policy below. Do check.
- With the Corona Kavach Policy from Star Health, individuals will be covered against any hospitalization expenses for the treatment of COVID on a positive diagnosis by any center authorized by the government. The treatment will also include Comorbid conditions.
- You will also get coverage for the treatments taken at home for COVID, up to a maximum of 14 days per incident of getting sick from the virus.
- Individuals will also get coverage for all the AYUSH Treatments up to the sum insured according to the policy in any AYUSH Hospital.
- One of the best things about this policy is that individuals don’t need to go under any pre-acceptance Medical Screening
- As we said earlier also, the policy is available in two types – Individual and Floater. With Floater type, you can choose to cover your family along with yourself via the policy.
- Individuals can choose from different Sum Insured options – INR 50,000, INR 1 lakh, INR 1.5 lakh, INR 2 lakh, INR 2.5 lakh, INR 3 lakh, INR 3.5 lakh, INR 4 lakh, INR 4.5 lakh and INR 5 lakh.
- There is no annual term on this policy. There are three options when it comes to Policy Terms. These are 3 ½ months (105 days), 6 ½ months (195 days), and 9 ½ months (285 days).
- On paying the premium of your policy by any mode other than cash, you will also get tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Benefits of Star Health Corona Kavach Policy
After having some information about the highlights of Star Health Corona Kavach Policy, it is natural for you to know the benefits that you can enjoy. We are showing some of them below. Please have a look!
COVID Hospitalization Cover
Do keep this fact in mind that individuals will only get coverage for hospitalization expenses for a minimum of 24 hours with the inclusion of Comorbid conditions.
- All expenses related to Room Rent, Boarding, Nursing as provided by the Nursing Home/ Hospital
- Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU)/ Intensive Care Unit (ICU) expenses
- Expenses related to Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Surgical Appliances, Operation Theatre Charges, Ventilator Charges, etc.
- Costs towards Diagnostic, Diagnostic Imaging Modules, PPE Kit, Gloves, mask
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, and Cost of Medicines & Drugs.
- Road Ambulance expenses up to a maximum of INR 2,000 per Hospitalization
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 30 days before the admission to the hospital
- Post Hospitalization expenses after 60 days of discharge from the hospital
Home Care Treatment Expenses
With this Star Health Corona Kavach Policy, individuals will also get coverage for their Home Treatment expenses up to 14 days if they are being tested positive for COVID with a few conditions as shown below.
- The medical practitioner has advised the insured person to go for Home Treatment
- Daily Monitoring Charts including Records of Treatment signed by the treating doctor
- There has been a continuous line of treatment with monitoring of health status by a doctor for each day of Home Treatment’s duration
The benefits under Home Care Treatment that individuals will get are as follows. Please check!
- Expenses on Diagnostic Tests undergone at Home or Centre
- Medicine prescribed by treating doctor in writing
- Consultation Charges of the medical practitioner
- Nursing Charges
- Medical Procedures up to parenteral administration of medicines
- Cost of Pulse Oximeter, Nebulizer, and Oxygen Cylinder (If required)
Optional Cover in the form of Hospital Daily Cash
- With the Corona Kavach Policy, individuals will get a Cash Benefit of 0.5% of the sum insured for each completed day of continuous hospitalization up to a maximum of 15 days.
- Health Care Workers will get a 5% discount on the premium when they choose this policy.
Waiting Period in Star Health Corona Kavach Policy
Star Health Insurance Company has fixed an initial waiting period of 15 days from the date of inception of the Corona Kavach policy. Within this period, you can’t enjoy the benefits.
Eligibility Criteria for Star Health Corona Kavach Policy
Individuals will need to meet a few conditions to get this policy from Star Health Insurance. Check such conditions below.
- The minimum age at the entry time can be as low as 18 years, while the maximum can be 65 years
- In the Floater type, the family will include Self, Spouse, Parents and Parent’s-in-Law, Dependent Children up to 25 years of age. If the child is above 18 years of age and financially independent, he/she will not get coverage under this policy.
- You will not get any Free Look period with this insurance plan
Exclusions from Star Health Corona Kavach Policy
This policy does not cover a few treatments that you should know before choosing the plan. We are showing them below. Do check!
- Expenses related to admission only for diagnostics and evaluation purposes
- Rest Cure, Rehabilitation and Respite Care expenses
- Expenses on Dietary Supplements and substances purchased without any prescription
- Expenses related to any unproven treatment, services, and supplies
- Day Care treatment and OPD Treatment expenses
- Testing at a non-authorized Diagnostic Center
- On traveling to a country which is placed under restriction by the Government of India
How to Get Claims for Star Health Corona Kavach Policy?
Star Health Insurance Company provides a faster in-house settlement, and understanding the overall process is quite important. To get claims for your Corona Kavach Policy, you can choose from two options — Cashless and Reimbursement. We are showing you the steps that you will need to follow.
- The first thing you will need to do is call the 24-hour help-line for Assistance – 1800 425 2255 or 1800 012 4477 and intimate the insurer about the claim.
- After getting admission into the network hospital, show your Star Health ID Card at the Hospital Help Desk.
- From the help desk, get the pre-authorization form, fill in all the required information and resubmit to the hospital’s desk.
- You should inform the insurer 24 hours before a planned hospitalization. On the other hand, you must inform within 24 hours from getting admitted into a hospital in the case of emergency hospitalization.
- In case you are getting admitted into a non-network hospital, you will need to pay for your treatment first and get that reimbursed later. In that case, arrange all the hospital bills, discharge papers and other documents and send it to the insurance within a few days from the discharge.