If you are looking for an insurance plan with which you can make your family members free of worries about your safety in a foreign land, Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana could be the one for you. Specially designed for Indian citizens living abroad for employment purposes, individuals can get payouts in case of personal accidents that can result in death or permanent disability.
One of the best features of Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana is that individuals aged between 18 to 70 years can choose this plan. On this page, you can know more about this plan as we will be telling its benefits, eligibility, the policy period, exclusions, etc. Read on to know more!
Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana Benefits
Let’s check out below the benefits of Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana. Have a look!
Personal Accident Benefits
With this benefit, the company will pay a capital sum insured up to INR 10 lakh if the insured person dies or permanent disablement due to an accident that can result in unemployment while abroad during the policy term. Let’s understand it in detail below.
- If anytime during the policy term; while in employment abroad, the insured person received any bodily injury from an accident caused by the sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event, the company shall pay INR 10 lakh to the insured person’s nominee if that injury becomes the direct cause of the death of the life insured or leads to permanent disability leading to a loss of employment within 12 months from date of commencement of the policy.
- If the injury disables the insured person from engaging in any unemployment or occupation, the company will pay 100% of the capital sum insured to the insured person.
Here, permanent disability will mean the following things. Do check!
- Loss of sight of both eyes, or loss by physical separation of two entire hands or two entire feet, or of one entire foot or one entire foot, or such loss of sight of one eye and such loss of one entire hand or one entire foot
- Loss of use of two hands or two feet, or one hand and one foot, or for loss of sight of one eye
Free Look Period
With the Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana, an individual will also get a free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy. Within this period, an insured person can review the terms and conditions and return the policy if they are not acceptable to him/her.
What will be the Period of Insurance with Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana?
In the case of Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana, the policy period can be for 2 years or until when the insured person returns to India (whichever is earlier). However, this period can be extended if the employment period is extended as well.
Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana Eligibility Conditions
You must be wondering what are those conditions that an individual needs to fulfill if he or she wants to choose Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana. Well, we are showing them below. Have a look!
- The individual should be within the age group of 18 to 60 years.
- This Oriental insurance scheme is available to all Indian citizens who apply for and eventually receive an immigration clearance as required under the Emigrant Act, 1983, while they stay abroad for employment strictly during the period of cover.
- Here, emigrant means any citizen of India who intends to emigrate or emigrates but does not include a dependent of an emigrant. Also, any individual who has lived outside India at any time after the age of 18 years for a minimum of 3 years, or the spouse or child of such person.
Exclusions under Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
You need to remember that Oriental Insurance Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana does not cover some expenses. Take a look at those below.
- A pre-existing health condition, disease or ailment within 48 months before the first policy issued by the company
- Injury directly related to the war, invasion, act of a foreign enemy, warlike operations, or nuclear weapons
- Circumcision unless advised by a specialist
- Surgery for correction of eyesight, cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, etc.
- Any dental treatment or corrective surgery
- Expenses on vitamins and tonics.
- Naturopathy treatment, unproven procedure or treatment, experimental or alternative medicine
- Genetic disorders and stem cell implantation or surgery
- Massages, steam bathing, Shirodhara and treatment alike under Ayurvedic treatment