New India Assurance Company is an extremely well-known company in the general insurance market and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Indian Government. It is a multinational insurance provider with an established base in about 27 countries proving their leading presence in the non-life insurance sector both nationally and internationally. Headquartered in Mumbai, this company offers a variety of health insurance each with a wide coverage of its own. These plans are effective and integrated with a responsible complaint management structure. The New India Health insurances are of premium quality and the company is one among the only insuring companies that provide insurances directly in India.
Main features and benefits of New India Health Insurance-
Here are some the features and some main benefits of the health insurances obtained from the New India Assurance Company Limited:
- The company has been providing valued service to their customer base for four consecutive decades.
- The company though headquartered in Mumbai it is spread to 31 regional offices and have over 578 branches.
- They have a solid solvency ratio: available solvency ratio to the required solvency ratio and stands at a margin of 2.3 times.
- The company is the only internationally A-rated direct insurer of India and is rated an AAA/Stable by CRISIL
- which emphasizes the fact that they have the highest degree of financial strength.
- Their total net worth is Rs. 28,895 crores and the total assets are over Rs. 61,720 crores.
More about New India Health insurance-
What health insurance policies under the New India cover?
- The health insurance policies under New India Assurance cover for all specified hospitalization expenses incurred within the period of insurance. Reimbursement will be provided for reasonable claims made in accordance with the medical necessities, injuries caused due to an accident and any other such clauses mentioned in the insurance. The coverages of different policies are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the policy. The members stated in the policy are covered under a single sum insured which is available for all claims by either an individual or a group of people included in the policy.
- The coverage extends to accidental death, loss of an eye and a limb, loss of a limb or loss of both limbs, loss of an eye or both eyes and finally it also covers for permanent disablement partially or completely apart from the aforementioned.
Medical Terms regarding coverage specified on the insurance and their meanings:
- Congenital anomaly (it is a medical condition or abnormality in the formation or structure or position from birth)-
a)-Congenital External Anomaly: A medical condition wherein the abnormality is visible on the external body
b)-Congenital Internal Anomaly: This is when the condition is within the body and not externally visible.
- Critical Illnesses like the following:
a)-Cancer: Uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells leading to an autoimmune condition.
i)-Malignant Tumour: uncontrolled growth and spread of such cells that destruct other healthy cells. Some example terms are leukaemia, lymphoma and Sarcoma etc.
ii)-Benign Tumour- considerably harmless and controllable as these abnormal cells are stationery.
b)-Heart Attack of specified severity: Due to inadequate blood supply leads to dysfunction of a portion of heart muscles. Some commonly related terms: electrocardiogram, troponins, acute myocardial infarction.
c)-Coma of specified severity: An unconscious state of being with neither reaction nor response to neither external stimuli nor internal stimuli. Some related terms are Permanent neurological deficit, coma, life support etc.
d)-Kidney Failure with a requirement of regular dialysis: The last stage of renal infection or disease as a chronic condition with an unchangeable failure of either kidney. Common terms are Haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal transplantation etc.
e)-Stroke that paves the way to permanent damages and symptoms: This is when the stroke damages certain tissues or functioning of certain parts of the body organs or neurological responses etc. Terms like haemorrhage, thrombosis, intracranial vessel etc. are related.
f)-Organ failure or bone marrow transplants: Transplants as required after an organ failure or requirement for a bone marrow transplant fall under this category. The following organs can be transplanted: lung, pancreas, liver, kidney, and heart etc. Terms like haematopoietic stem cells etc. are relevant.
g)-Permanent symptoms due to Motor Neuron Disease: It is the progressive degeneration of the spinal tracts; especially the cortical region or other relative neurons etc. that significantly impairs the neurological functioning of the body causing motor dysfunction. For instance terms like spinal muscular atrophy, progressive bulbar palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis etc. are relevant.
h)-Multiple Sclerosis with symptoms that persist: With the help of MRIs and CSF findings multiple sclerosis, which affects the protective covering of nerves thereby damaging neurological functions, is detected. It affects or impairs the motor or sensory function. Common terms, for instance, are neurological deficits etc.
These were some of the categories and types of illnesses/ diseases/ surgeries and other medical expenses covered by health insurance policies provided by New India, these are specified in the insurance provided and have to be read through carefully before picking.
A list of exceptions that are not covered under the offered health insurances:
Some common excluded factors not considered under the coverage providence are the following:
- Required Medical assistance arising out of factors like illnesses due to intentional subjection to harmful situations and attempted suicide, in addition, intentionally self-inflected bodily injuries even by participating in hazardous sporting activities; disregarding medical advice are not covered.
- All dental services are not covered, for example, cost of braces, non-durable implants etc. apart from those arising out of accidents.
- Alternatively, costs arising out of equipment or external prosthetic devices, cost of spectacles and contact lenses and hearing aids like cochlear implants and other medical equipment are not included.
- Acts like war and warlike invasions; harm caused by nuclear weapons and contamination due to radioactive material from nuclear waste etc.
- Any directly or indirectly sexually transmitted diseases related to HTLB-III (Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type III)/ (LAV) Lymphotropathy or the mutant’s derivative or variation deficiency syndrome and other such syndromes also known as AIDS are not covered.
- Any aesthetic/cosmetic/plastic surgeries or treatment beyond medical necessity, without requirement, without any injury or illness is excluded.
- Treatments outside of India that is unproven or is experimental, for example, genetic disorders and stem cell implantation etc.
- Medical insurance policies do not cover alcohol or drug abuse, tobacco abuse, infertility, sterility etc. are not covered.
Some additional terms to know:
The additional terms provided in the insurance have been clarified below for better understanding, here are some terms-
This term means the cost-sharing requirement under a policy provided by the company which allows the insured individual to use a specified percentage from the admissible claim amount, however, it does not reduce insured sum.
- Cashless facility:
This facility is extended to a list of network hospitals as specified by the company. Under the cashless facility, it directly compensates for the treatment costs to the network hospital where the treatment is provided.
- Day-care Centre:
A registered medical establishment that provides day-care treatments for illnesses and injuries within a hospital under local authorities. It should be supervised by a qualified medical practitioner: to employ nursing staff, a registered practitioner, with a completely functional operation theatre and daily records of patients.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization:
This way of medical treatment is provided to patients that can’t be shifted or treated at the hospital, or due to unavailability of a hospital room. In such circumstances, hospitalization treatments can be provided at home, i.e., the normal course of medical treatments and health-care services at home.
- Floater Benefit:
This accounts for the sum insured as mentioned in the policy which is offered to make a claim. It can be claimed by the insured individual or group within the policy tenure.
- Inpatient Care:
Under this care, the insured person covered for a certain injury/illness is required to remain in the hospital for more than a day: about 24 hours.
- Intensive Care Unit:
Commonly known as ICUs, these sections of rooms or wards in a hospital are under constant supervision by registered medical supervisors to monitor and care for a critical patient’s condition.
- Network Hospital:
Any hospital, Day-care centre, intensive units etc. that have been agreed upon by the company or the Third Party Administrator which offers the cashless facility to the insured person is the network hospital.
- Total Permanent Disablement:
Any permanent physical disablement of an individual as a result of an accident and was insured under health insurance even before the accident occurred is accounted for here.
- Pre-Hospitalization Cost/Expenses:
Among the types of hospitalization charges, pre-hospitalization charges are medical expenses incurred before the actual hospitalization charges. Health insurance policies, by New India, usually cover such charges only if specified in the policy.
- Pre-Existing Disease or Illness:
If an individual is suffering from a disease, an ailment or a condition as diagnosed and treated for before four years to the first policy’s inception date by New Assurance would be considered as a pre-existing disease of illness.
- Post-Hospitalization Medical Charge:
This charge is applicable after the discharge of the insured person from the hospital where they were treated. The condition and its treatment should be covered by health insurance; furthermore, it should be admissible by the company.
If you choose to switch your insurance from one insurer to another, then the transfer done by an individual health insurance holder can do so by earning enough credits from pre-existing criteria and time-bound exclusions. This also includes family covers.
- Customary Fees and Charges:
These charges cover the expenses made for additional medical services and supplies. The charges, however, should be standard, reasonable and consistent with prevailing charges within the specified demographics. They should account for the injury and the nature of the illness.
Any health insurance provided by the New India Assurance has a defined contract with such terms clearly mentioned, and the renewal of insurance is mutually decided wherein a timeframe of 30 days is provided to renew before the policy matured policy expires.
Health Insurances provided by New India-
With different health covers and policy premiums, New India Assurance offers the following health insurance policies:
New India Asha Kiran Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum assured: 2 lacs to 8 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- This insurance policy is significant to parents with a single girl child, as the policy covers either or both the parents and their daughter.
- The age limit for the policy starts from 3 months onwards going up to 25 years of age wherein the girl is financially dependent on the parents; there is no upper limit for mentally challenged or unmarried dependent daughters from 18 years to 65 years.
- The given plan covers injuries, hospitalization charges, and eleven specified illnesses. The parents are covered with accidental death, permanent or total disablement as well.
- Note that the policy’s benefits can be extended above 65 years if you have been continuously renewing the policy.
Cancer Medical Expenses Individual:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum assured: Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- The following insurance scheme can be availed by the members of the Indian Cancer Society and the coverage provided can cover either an individual alone or along with their partner.
- It also covers a maximum of two children of the insured. But to avail the facility an additional premium will have to be paid.
- The minimum age to avail the policy is 18 years and the maximum is of 70 years.
- Any expenses incurred from cancer-related hospitalization or consultation charges, biopsy or x-rays, surgery or chemotherapy, and post-care treatments are all covered under the scheme.
Family Floater Mediclaim:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 2 lacs to 5 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- This relatively new policy, as the name implies, is about a scheme that covers for a family but limited to only four members: it covers the insured individual and the spouse with an addition of two dependent children. It will not cover for parents, sisters or brothers, in-laws and other such members living in the family.
- New India family floater scheme ensures that the assured sum is available for any and all of the specified family members in the insurance for any given number of genuine claims within the policy tenure. Children from 3 months old going up to 25 years can be covered and adults from the age of 18 years to 60 can be covered.
- The premium payable will be calculated similarly to that of Individual Mediclaim policy: initiating with the basic premium as per the age of the oldest family member among the four and an applicable percentage of 50% for the covered spouse and 25% loading coverage for the each of the dependent children.
- It also covers for AYUSH treatments with the sum insured of a percentage reaching up to 25% of the total and provides additional coverage for pre-existing diseases and illnesses as mentioned but only after the waiting period of two years. However, an additional payment of premium will be required for the same.
Jan Arogya Bima Policy:
- Policy tenure: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 2 lacs to 8 lakhs in Indian National Rupees
- New India Jan Arogya Bima scheme is curated to fit the needs of the economically weaker sections of the community: they come for cheaper premiums and has different coverage. Their premium qualifies for a tax benefit of up to Rs. 10,000 under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Children starting from the age of 3 months onwards can also be covered under the policy even if one of the parents is covered or both are covered concurrently. Dependent children from the age of 5 can be included. The policy can be obtained with an upper limit of 70 years.
- This policy is similar to individual mediclaim policy but does not offer the cumulative bonus is provided in individual mediclaim and it also does not include the medical check-up benefits.
- The tax exclusion amounts to Rs. 10,000, however, the sum assured is limited to Rs. 5000. Furthermore, the sum assured covers for hospitalization charges and can be compared to some features of the family floater insurance as it can be extended to the insured individual’s family members too.
Janata Mediclaim Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 70,000 in Indian National Rupees
- The next reasonably affordable scheme on the list is the Janata Mediclaim Policy, it covers the common ground of hospitalization expenses but only if it has been over a day (24 hours) to it. It pays for pre-hospitalization charges for 30 days and post-care, after discharge, for approximately 60 days.
- The policy covers for daycare treatments, existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension but only after a waiting period of 2 years and along with a specified additional premium.
- The policy can be procured from 18 years to 60 years, as for dependent children the coverage can be extended from 3 months onwards up to 18 years. The policy, therefore, acts like family floater insurance.
- It also provides incentives of discounts on the premium if healthy lifestyle parameters are followed etc., renewing the policy and for being consistent. Furthermore, AYUSH treatments are also paid for from a percentage of the sum assured.
New Family Floater 2012:
- Policy Tenure: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 1 lacs to 8 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- This scheme is among the few insurance policies provided that covers not just your immediate family, consisting of spouse and kids, but also your dependent parents. The scheme offered covers for the entire family under this single insurance, much like an umbrella, and helps give out the individual sum insured for each member if you choose to opt for it.
- In such a case—the individual sum assured basis, the individual investment garners a “Family Discount” of 10% applicable on the total payable premium. This will help pay for any incurred expenses due to sudden hospitalization or other such emergencies. On the other hand, if the floater sum insured coverage is used then earn you a premium discount of 11% to 18%
- The age criteria for procurement for an individual are between 18 years to 65 years. Moreover, for dependent children, it can be between 3 months old to 25 years.
- There is no upper limit of age for children with mental impairment and for unmarried daughter. Though the upper age limit is of 65 years for the policy, an insured individual can be exempted from the rule if they have been renewing the policy continuously from initial stages onwards without a break.
New India Floater Mediclaim:
- Policy Tenure: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 2 lacs to 15 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- Available to individuals between the ages of 18 years and 65 years, the New India Floater Mediclaim provides sufficient coverage- hospitalization expenses, ambulance fees, illness/injury etc. As the name implies, this plan is similar to the other family floater scheme but with a crucial difference of mid-term inclusions of newly married partner with pro-rata premium being charged.
- The policy extends to children from 3 months scaling up to 25 years of age, if they are dependent and under the care of the covered parent or parents. As usual, the age limit is not applicable for either mentally disabled children or unmarried daughters.
- The policy can provide coverage for the insured, their spouse, children, and dependent parents; but a minimum of two is mandatory, i.e., it is not applicable for an individual alone. The dependent parents can only be added if they are less than or equal to 60 years of age.
- Lastly, the policy also covers for a newborn baby of an insured mother with a continuous cover of 24 months. However, it will not cover for post-natal, pre-term/ pre-mature expenses and such that might arise during the birthing. Note that congenital anomaly is also not covered by the scheme. The coverage provided for the newborn will not be available for subsequent renewals without declaration and additional premium.
New India Mediclaim Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 1 lacs to 5 lac in Indian National Rupees
- The highlight for this particular scheme offered is that there is no mandatory requirement for pre-policy check-ups till the age of 50 years. It provides a good coverage spanning from hospitalization charges to critical illnesses like hypertension and diabetes etc.
- It can be acquired by adults of the age of 18 years and above, with a maximum upper age limit of 65 years and children from 3 months to 25 years. Financially independent children after the age 18 years can on renewal of the existing plan obtain a separate policy.
- Mid-term inclusion is also included in this scheme at pro-rata premium and a new-born baby of an insured mother will be naturally covered until subsequent renewals. The minimum members covered can be one and a maximum of 6 members.
- An additional advantage of being able to reinstate the insured sum after its exhaustion within a period can be done.
New India Global Mediclaim:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 1 million to 2 million U.S. Dollars
- A rather unique scheme, the Global Mediclaim policy can be availed by insured individuals in possession of health insurance with an assured sum of 8 lakh Indian Nation Rupees and above already.
- As the name suggests, it provides international health coverage too and has on offer two types to better suit the needs of people. The coverage provided extends from basic hospitalization charges to critical illness/ disease like cancer, CABG, bone marrow transplant, organ transplant, neurosurgery and heart valve surgery.
- The policy, additionally, also provides for treatments in other countries and expenses arising from them: travel fees and airport transfer, accommodation and other such assistances in a foreign land as agreed upon.
- The age limit for the policy is greater than others provided by New India Assurance: from 18 years to 75 years of age.
New India Premium Medical Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 15 lakhs to 1 crore in Indian National Rupees
- This is one of the most attractive health insurance policies from New India Assurance and that is because the coverage benefits of this policy is unmatched by others. They have two types of coverage schemes under them: one that provides a sum assured of 15 lakhs to 25 lakhs and the other of 50 lakhs to 1 crore.
- A fixed benefit is paid out timely in case of critical illness as informed and agreed upon by the insurance company and daily monetary benefit in case hospitalization charges incurred after a period of 24 hours and more.
- There are a variety of coverages provided like a maternity cover and the newborn until subsequent renewal, Out Patient Department coverage (but only after two years of no-claim period), costs incurred from treating sexually transmitted diseases like AIDS/HIV, psychiatric treatments, nutritionist consultation charges etc. to an extent.
- It has a common age limit of 18 years to 65 years, and for dependent children from 3 months to 18 years.
New India Sixty Plus Mediclaim Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: Rs. 2 lacs to 5 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- As one can assume, this policy is for the aged and covers for individuals from 60 years of age to 80 years of age, one can obtain a policy within those ages. The coverage of the policy covers for expenses incurred from hospitalization charges, hiring a nurse for assistance and organ transplant charges.
- The post-care is also covered to the specified extent and the policy is designed to cover one’s spouse and can be proposed by children over the age of 18 years, making use of the co-payment option.
- It only covers for pre-diagnosed diseases and illness to a great extent, consultation charges or medical advice, treatment charges etc. until 48 months of continuous coverage completion by the insured individual.
- Daily coverage benefit can be utilized in case of hospitalization over 24 hours.
New India Top-up Mediclaim Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: Rs. 5 lacs to 22 lacs of Indian National Rupees
- Despite the sum insured is 5 lakhs to 22 lakhs, the deductibles is only up to 5 lakhs and 8 lakhs. The Top-up Mediclaim Policy is also known as top-up health insurance and acts as an additional plan on the primary premium plan by extending the coverage of the primary plan
- Each health insurance has a deductible limit and if you happen to exceed it then the exceeding amount claimed is cleared through this scheme. Claim clearance is on an aggregate basis against the deductible.
- This policy is beneficial with the member count as it covers for about 6 family members and can be obtained from the age of 18 years going to up to 65 years including other family members insured under the scheme.
- The coverage includes AYUSH treatments and pays out a certain percentage of the sum assured to do so. In case of illness/injury, the scheme helps claim a lump sum amount to cover for it.
Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: 1 lacs to 1.5 lacs in Indian National Rupees
- Yet another insurance scheme for the senior citizens, the age criteria remains the same as New India Sixty Plus Mediclaim Policy- 60 years to 80 years. The policy offers a co-payment facility as well and promotes it by providing a 10% discount on the premium.
- The coverage benefits provided are for untoward hospitalization charges, ambulance fees and nursing services; it also covers for pre-diagnosed illnesses and diseases as specified in the policy.
- An additional 10 per cent benefit can be accessed if the insured individual’s spouse is also added as a declared individual under the same policy. One among the couple has to be over 60 and the latter is admissible for coverage irrespective of being 60 below.
- The sum assured is easily claimable and also covers, to a certain degree, the cost of AYUSH treatments as well.
Universal Health Insurance Plan:
- Policy Term: 1 year
- Sum Assured: Rs. 30,000 in Indian National Rupees
- First things first, the policy gives an assured sum of Rs. 30,000 per family for incurred expenses from the sum assured and provided Rs. 25,000 per family for unforeseen/accidental death and lastly, it compensates for disability with a daily sum of Rs. 50 per family.
- The Universal health insurance policy covers for a group of families or such. The coverage is for a group of approximately 100 families and more and the premiums are charged on a similar basis.
- The age bracket is as same as many others for adults from the age of 18 years to 65 years and for children, the age limit provided is from 3 months to 5 years only.
- The incurred expenses due to hospitalization, accidental deaths, and disability are all covered among other factors. However, the accidental death cover is only provided if the sole earning member of the family passes away due to an accident. Similarly, the disability benefit is provided daily if the earning member of the family becomes disabled due to an accident alone.
How to purchase and renew a health insurance plan provided by New India Assurance?
If you’re looking to purchase health insurance from New India Assurance or even renew your obtained policy and are a little confused on how to approach the matter then here are briefly elaborated step-by-step procedures to do so;
Online Mode for purchase: New India Assurance Company is widespread and convenient for insurance purchases, you can easily buy health insurance from the company through their online portal, which comes for cheaper premiums than other purchase methods.
- For this visit the company’s online website and navigate to their products tab.
- Click on the tab and choose ‘Health’ from the hovering tab or click on ‘more’ at the bottom corner.
- You can then compare the insurance policies provided by the company and take your pick on the basis of your requirements.
- Select to buy the policy chosen and fill up any required forms or online applications. Then move ahead to the payments page and pay the specified premium to complete the purchase. It is as simple as that.
Offline mode for purchase: If not, you can always approach the company and purchase health insurance after discussing it over with a representative, as guided by them. To purchase these insurance policies you can pay the premiums through cash, cheque, net banking facility, debit or credit cards, mobile wallets or NEFT etc.
Renew the policy online: Much like the online buying of the insurance, you can get the insurance renewed within 30 days to its expiry after maturity. Here’s how:
- Just like the purchase visit the company’s official website but instead click on ‘Quick Help’ and then select the ‘Quick Renewal’ option.
- The page after would ask for some basic insurance details like your health insurance policy’s number, your ID number etc.
- Tap on ‘Proceed’ and move to the next page displaying the details and necessary information of the policy you want to be renewed. This is when the payment criteria would pop up.
- The applied renewal charges would have to be cleared for it to get renewed.
The renewing procedure can also be done the pre-existing way: by visiting physically. The company representatives or TPA will guide you through the procedure to renew an existing plan. Make sure to take into account any discounts applicable on the premium based on various factors as specified by the company gets deducted and utilized.
Things to keep in mind about health insurances by New India-
There are certain pointers to keep in mind about the New India health insurances offered. The to-do factors mentioned have to be followed through strictly;
- The forms and documents proposed by the insurance company as submitted by the insured individual should be correct and validated; the document proofs given should hold true information. This is of utmost importance because the process of insurance authorization is on a contractual basis and can be cancelled if incorrect.
- On the other hand, if you happen to provide in-genuine information by mistake then make sure to rectify the error immediately by reaching out to the New India Assurance Company.
- All required information as asked by the insurer has to be disclosed, for instance, pre-existing illnesses or a family history of certain disease etc.
- The disclosed information can be supported with necessary medical tests and check-ups apart from the mandatory health check-up or health report which is to be attached to the documents before procuring the insurance.
- Your chosen policy should provide enough coverage to compensate for all your approved medical requirements; this is essential because choosing a policy on the basis of premium alone will not be sufficient, your tailor-made coverage is of greater importance.
- After you have picked a plan suitable for your requirements, go through the policy terms and conditions and other important information mentioned thoroughly before authorizing it.
- All necessary documents for raising a claim should be submitted as soon as possible and without any delay for a smooth claim procedure to the Third Party Administrator(TPA).
New India Assurance Health Insurance policies claim procedural-
To claim health insurance from New India Assurance you will have to follow through the common steps mentioned below, any additional specific steps required can be easily accessed from their official website.
- To register a claim the insurance company should be informed in prior or within a time limit depending on the level of emergency (will be specified in the claim procedural of the insurance accessed). For instance, if it is a planned surgery then a prior of 48 hours should be the ideal time limit to inform the company whereas for emergency cases it should be 24 hours or so.
- All necessary documents as specified in the insurance should be provided to support the claim being made. Genuine, relevant documents should be submitted to get reimbursement of the expenses that might occur during the treatment. They should ideally be submitted within a week of the discharge.
- The documents submitted can either be for pre-hospitalization charges or post. Pre-hospitalization charges can be submitted within a week and the post-care charges claim documents can be submitted within a week after the treatments are over.
- Your claim will then get authorized and cleared out as soon as possible.
Note: Cashless hospitalization claim can also be made but only if you get health-care services from a networked hospital. Each insurance company has a list of hospitals networked and the list can be accessed from their official website.
Documents required for claiming health insurance-
A list of common documents required is the following;
- The basic proof documents like address, identity and income proof are necessary. For example Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, Ration card, and salary slip etc.
- A duly filled form to register the claim and any other related forms or written applications.
- Apart from the common requirements, you will have to submit the following for making claims: Discharge certificate approved by the hospital, medical receipts and bills with incurred treatment charges, surgeon’s certificate etc.
- Receipts of additional tests like pathological tests, other medical supply and pharmacy bills, prescriptions etc. can also be submitted.
Make sure to go through the list of all required documents from the website.
The New India Assurance Company is undoubtedly trustable and efficient at providing quality services and general insurance products. The variety of health insurances provided, their different ranges of coverage, different reasonable premiums to suit kinds of people and the assured sum have all been discussed above. It is a matter of choosing the right policy alone and it can be done by going through various options before sticking with the best one according to your preference. The research before and after purchasing health insurance should be just as thorough, after all, this investment is to reap a safety benefit in situations of untoward need or emergency.