Any hospitalization due to critical illnesses can empty your savings in no time. With HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan, you can avoid that by paying an affordable premium. This policy from HDFC Ergo is a comprehensive policy that can cover around 50 Critical Illnesses.
Here, we will discuss some of the important aspects related to HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan, such as its key features, eligibility criteria, Coverage features, etc. Want to know more? Keep reading!
Why Should You Choose HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan?
The reasons for choosing this HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Policy are elaborated below. Let’s check!
- One of the key highlights of the HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan is that individuals can choose from multiple Sum Insured Options to get financial cover against any hospitalization due to critical illnesses. Under this policy, individuals can choose from Sum Insured options ranging from INR 1 lakh to INR 5 crore.
- Individuals can get coverage against as many as 50 Critical Illnesses
- Sometimes a situation will arise where you will need a second opinion regarding your illness. With this policy from HDFC Ergo, you will get the facility of the same from a panel of medical practitioners.
- HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan also takes care of your health by providing a wide range of wellness features like Fitness Discounts at Renewals, Health Coach, etc. These options will do nothing but help enhance protection for you.
- HDFC Ergo also provides a wide range of discount options like Family Discount, Online Policy Discount, Long Term Policy Discount, Loyalty Discount, etc.
- Individuals can get coverage against several critical illnesses for as long as 3 years with an affordable premium rate.
- It gives you the flexibility to choose from different premium payment frequency options according to your convenience. You can choose to pay a premium in yearly, half-yearly, quarterly, and monthly modes.
- The insured person can take as many as 15 days to review the terms and conditions of the policy. This period is called the Free Look Period. On finding the policy unsatisfactory, individuals can cancel it and get a refund too.
What are the Sum Insured Options and Premium Amount?
As we told you earlier too, you can choose Sum Insured for HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan according to your comfort. It can be as low as INR 1 lakh and as high as INR 5 crore. Coming to the premium amount, it will depend on the Sum Insured chosen, Entry Age, etc. So, it may vary from one individual to another.
What Does HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan Cover?
You must have wanted to know exactly the critical illnesses this policy covers. Well, we are showing the same below so that you can understand better. Do check to know more!
- With the Critical Illness Cover Option, individuals will get coverage against any illness, medical event, or surgical procedure specifically defined under the policy whose diagnosis and/or manifestation first arises more than 90 days after the inception of the policy. These specified illnesses include Open Chest CABG, Permanent Paralysis of Limbs, Open Heart Replacement, etc.
- In the case of Angioplasty, the company will pay 25% of the chosen Sum Insured Option with a maximum limit of INR 5,00,000 if the concerned illness has been diagnosed for more than 180 days after the inception of the policy.
- The Insured person can seek a second medical opinion related to his or her critical illness from the HDFC Ergo’s Network Provider.
- With my: Health Active Option, the insured person can get a discount on policy renewal by accruing healthy weeks. A healthy week can be where you record a minimum of 50,000 steps with a maximum of 15,000 steps per day or burning a total of 900 calories in a week with a maximum of 300 calories per day.
- Individuals can also enjoy a range of wellness services such as Health Coach for Disease Management, Activity & Fitness, Nutrition, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan
There are a few conditions that you need to keep in mind while choosing the HDFC ERGO my:health Critical Illness Plan. We are showing them below. Please check!
- To get this policy, the minimum age at entry is 18 years while there is no limit on the maximum entry age. An individual can enjoy a lifetime entry option when it comes to the maximum age.
- On the other hand, a dependent adult should have a minimum entry age of 18 years with no limit on maximum entry age.
- This policy from HDFC Ergo is on an individual sum insured basis with which you can get cover for yourself, spouse, parents, parents-in-law, siblings, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, grandson, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, son-in-law.