Both central and state governments provide several health insurance schemes to their citizens so that they can lead a healthy life. Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme is one such scheme launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu in collaboration with United India Insurance Company. With this scheme, individuals living in the state of Tamil Nadu can get quality health care through empaneled government and private hospitals. This coverage will make sure that citizens will not bear any medical expenses related to the hospitalization.
This page will discuss important aspects related to the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme, such as its key features, its coverages, eligibility criteria, required documents, etc.
Why Should Individuals Choose the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme?
With a collaboration with United India Insurance Company, Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme can be a savior for those individuals living in Tamil Nadu and want world-class treatment. But what are those features that make the citizens of Tamil Nadu opt for it? Well, we are showing some of the key features of this scheme from the Government of India. Have a look!
- One of the best features of the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme is that individuals can get this policy on a Family Floater Health Basis. With this option, the sum insured will float among all the members of the family. So, you don’t need to worry in case of a health emergency. The family will include Spouse, Dependent Children, and Dependent Parents. All these members can get coverage.
- As we mentioned earlier, this scheme is provided to individuals in collaboration with United India Insurance Company, which is one of the popular insurance companies in India.
- By choosing this scheme, individuals will get coverage for 686 Surgical Procedures, 113 Follow-up procedures, 36 Interventional Radiology, 23 other Diagnostic Procedures, and 56 Government Reserved Procedures.
- Individuals will get cashless treatments that means they don’t have to pay for anything while getting treatment in a hospital.
- Worried about your health and want to undergo a checkup every month without any cost? Well, with the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme, residents of Tamil Nadu can get the same. All the network hospitals where individuals can get cashless treatment will also conduct free health checkups of individuals. These checkups will be held every month across different districts of Tamil Nadu. After the free check-ups, individuals will also get follow up treatments accordingly.
- Individuals can gain additional information about the scheme by contacting the toll-free helpline number – 1800 425 3993
Sum Insured Options with the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme
With this scheme launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu through United Indian Insurance Company, individuals can obtain coverage up to INR 5,00,000 per year to per family on a floater basis for the diseases & illnesses covered under the scheme, such as Cardiology, ENT, Infectious Diseases, Spine, Surgical Oncology, etc.
What Does the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme Cover?
Now that you have some information about the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme, you should also know about what is covered under this scheme. Well, we are showing them below. Please check!
- Hospitalization expenses on general medicines treatments during your hospitalization along with a few specified surgical treatments. The cover here will be up to INR 1,50,000.
- For a few specific illnesses, you will get coverage up to INR 1,50,000 with this scheme from the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Individuals will also get coverage for all the follow-up procedures. However, the coverage limit will vary according to the type of procedure.
- Diagnostic Procedures are also covered up to specified limits with this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria of Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme
There are a few conditions that an individual needs to meet if he/she wants the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme. We are showing them below. Please check!
- An individual should be a resident of Tamil Nadu as proven by his or her name on the Family Card. Other than this, his or her annual income should be less than INR 72,000 per annum.
- All the Srilankan Refugees in the camps will also be eligible for this scheme from the Tamil Nadu Government. These people will not need to meet any income criteria to enroll in this scheme.
- Migrants from other states will also be eligible for this scheme. They will only need to submit a request letter with a list of eligible members from the labour department. The only condition they need to fulfill is that they must have lived for more than 6 months in the state, and that should be certified by the respective authority.
- Orphans who are living in any registered or unregistered organization can also get a Single card. Rescued girlchildren and other persons defined as an orphan by the government will also be eligible.
Documents Required for Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Insurance Scheme
To get the benefits under this scheme, individuals will need to produce a family card and Income Certificate by the VAO or Revenue Authorities, along with the self-declaration of the head of the concerned family. The family includes the eligible member, legal spouse of a member, children of the eligible person, and dependent parents. Other than this, the following documents will be required.
- Ration Card, both Original & Copy
- Family Card of Individual
- Any of Identity Proof, Address Proof, Aadhar Card, or PAN Card