Everyone wants to protect the health of their families as well as theirs. But how can you do the same at a lower cost? Well, Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy can help you do the same. With this Health Insurance policy from Star Health, individuals can get complete protection for themselves and their families against any health emergency.
Want to know more about Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy? Well, on this page, we will be telling you about some of the important aspects of this policy, such as its key features, benefits, eligibility criteria, etc. Read on to know the same!
Why Should You Choose Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy?
Investing in any Health Insurance Policy can be a crucial decision for individuals since health is important for all. That’s why you should consider all the reasons those make you choose a particular health insurance policy. We are giving some of the key features of Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy so that you can understand better. Have a look below!
- Do you know the best thing about Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy? Well, Star Health provides the policy on a flexible basis, which means individuals can choose from an Individual and Floater basis if they stay in Tier I and Tier II places.
- This policy from Star Health will provide coverage for pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses up to certain days for a maximum of INR 3,000 or a lump sum amount of 7% of the Hospitalization expenses. So, if you need treatment before the hospitalization or after getting discharged from the hospital, your policy will cover the same.
- Individuals can also enjoy Hospital Cash Benefits. However, there is one condition that you will need to abide by – You will need to undergo treatment in a Government Hospital and not in a private hospital.
- With this Health Insurance Policy from Star Health, you can also get coverage for more than 400 Daycare Procedures i.e. the procedures for which you need hospitalization for less than 24 hours.
- Individuals will get a Free Look Period of 15 days on the Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy within which they can review the terms and conditions and return on finding it unsatisfactory.
- If you are thinking about the renewal of your policy, let us tell you that you can renew your health insurance for your whole life with the guaranteed lifelong renewals facility.
- If you pay the premium towards your policy with any other mode than cash, you will also be eligible for Tax Benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. So, this policy can also work as a tax-saving investment for you.
- Star Health has more than 9,900 Network Hospitals across India. You can enjoy a cashless treatment at those hospitals situated in Tier 1 and Tier 2 Locations.
Is there any pre-acceptance Medical Screening?
One of the best things about Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy is that individuals don’t need to undergo any medical screening before choosing the policy for themselves or their families. So, if you are worried that you would need to undergo any medical screening, you don’t need to!
Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy Benefits that You Can Enjoy
With the Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy, you can enjoy a wide range of benefits such as Hospitalization Benefits, Treatment for Specific Disease or Illnesses, etc. We are showing them below. Do check!
- Boarding, Room, and Nursing expenses up to 0.75% of the Sum Insured
- Coverage of ICU Charges up to INR 2,000 for a maximum of INR 10,000 per hospitalization
- Coverage for Cost of Medicine and Drugs
- Consultant, Surgeon, Medical Practitioner & Specialist Fees
- Hospital Cash up to a maximum of 14 days at a rate of INR 1,000 per day of your hospitalization in a Government Hospital
- Coverage of Emergency Ambulance Charges up to a Sum of INR 500 per hospitalization for a maximum limit of INR 1,000 per policy period
- Coverage for Cost of Pacemaker, Operation Theatre Charges, Blood, Oxygen, etc.
Other than these hospitalization benefits, you can also enjoy coverage for treatment for specific diseases or illnesses with your Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy. You can check the same in the below table.
Eligibility Criteria for Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy
If you are going to choose Star Health Care Micro Insurance Policy, there are a few important conditions that you will need to meet. You can check such conditions below!
- The individual should be aged between 18 years and 65 years to apply for this Star Health Policy. However, there is one more condition – individuals must come from Tier 1 (places where the population according to the census 2011 is between 5,00,000 and 10,00,000) and Tier 2 Locations (where the population according to the census 2011 is less than 5,00,00) in India.
- Individuals who are above 65 years of age can enjoy the facility of guaranteed lifelong renewals.
- In a Floater basis policy, individuals can also protect their family members, including Prosper, Spouse, dependent children up to 25 years of age). Here, dependent means children who are economically dependent on their parents.
- The minimum age of children to get coverage along with parents under this policy stands at 2 years.