National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students is a unique policy that provides coverage against expenses incurred on healthcare and accident to students. This policy from National Insurance is designed according to the different needs of students. In case you are not around, this policy will help your child continue his/her education. The reason being it provides coverage in case of death or permanent total disablement of the guardian due to an accident during the policy period.
Before understanding this plan further, let’s check out its key features mentioned below.
- Coverage of hospitalization expenses of students
- Personal accident coverage of the guardian
- Personal accident coverage to students
- No pre-policy health check-up
- Group discount on premium
- Cumulative bonus facility
- Mental Illness treatment
- Additional cover of transportation cost in case of an accident
- A 15-day free look period
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Read this piece to have detailed information about the features of the National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students. Without any further delay, let’s start!
Let’s Discuss the Features and Benefits of the National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students in Detail
National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students could help individuals secure their child’s health and education with its extensive range of benefits. Let’s understand them in detail.
Hospitalization Expenses Coverage
With this policy from National Insurance, students will get coverage against hospitalization expenses in case they fall ill and need hospitalization. The coverage amount ranges from INR 50,000-2 lakhs from which policyholders can choose according to their affordability.
Under this, the following hospitalization expenses will get covered.
- Room rent and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges
- Nursing expense coverage (qualified nurse)
- Fees of surgeons anesthetists, medical practitioners, consultants and specialists
- Anesthesia, blood, oxygen, OT charges, surgical appliances (any disposable surgical consumables subject to the upper limit of 10% of the Sum insured)
- Medicines & drugs, diagnostic material & X-ray, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, cost of a pacemaker, artificial limbs, cost of stents & implants and expenses for organ donor’s treatment
- Pre and Post-hospitalization expenses incurred 30 days before and 60 days after the hospitalization
- Expenses incurred the treatment of injuries, up to 25% of the sum insured (due to participation as a non-professional in hazardous or adventure sports)
- Correction of Refractive Error equal to or more than 7.5 diopters (with a waiting period of 2 years)
- HIV/AIDS Cover during different stages of infection
- Mental Illness Cover
Modern Treatments Coverage
If an insured person needs to undergo one of the following 12 modern treatments either as in-patient or day care treatment in a hospital, this policy will provide coverage up to 25% of the sum insured.
- Uterine Artery Embolization and HIFU (High intensity focused ultrasound)
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Deep Brain stimulation
- Oral chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy-Monoclonal Antibody to be given as an injection
- Intra vitreal injections
- Robotic surgeries
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- The vaporization of the prostate (Green laser treatment or holmium laser treatment)
- IONM (Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring)
- Stem cell therapy: Hematopoietic stem cells for bone marrow transplant for hematological conditions to be covered.
Coverage Against Personal Accident of Guardian
National Vidyarthi Mediclaim Policy also provides personal accident cover for the guardians of the students. This benefit will be two times the capital sum insured (under the hospitalization expenses coverage).
Personal Accident Cover for Students
If an insured student meets with an accident and needs hospitalization, National Vidyarthi Mediclaim Policy will provide coverage up to INR 50,000.
Additional Benefit of Transportation Cost
Under personal accident coverage of guardians and students, policyholders can also choose the additional benefit of transportation cost coverage. Under this benefit, the policy will provide up to 2% of the sum insured (up to INR 1,000) towards the coverage of transportation of the insured person’s dead body to his/her place of residence.
This policy from National Insurance also provides a discount on premiums depending on the number of actual members insured. To know more, check the below table.
National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students Eligibility Criteria
Have a look at the eligibility criteria of the National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students mentioned below.
- The policy can be issued to students between the age of 3 (three) to 25 years and one parent or legal guardian.
- Student in any Registered Educational Institution affiliated to any State Board, Council, University and AICTE or any other Govt. Statutory Authority, within the territory of India, are eligible for this policy.
- Educational institutions can also opt for a group policy covering students under it.
What is Not Covered Under National Vidyarthi Mediclaim for Students?
Policyholders will not get any coverage in the following situations.
- Injury caused by War
- Circumcision unless necessary for the treatment of a disease
- Cost of spectacle, contact lens and hearing aid
- Dental treatment unless arising due to an accident
- Convalescence, general debility, congenital anomalies, sterility, venereal disease, intentional self-injury and use of intoxicating drugs or alcohol
- Any charges incurred primarily for investigation/diagnostic purposes
- Pregnancy and related disorders
- Naturopathy treatment
- Death from intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Death while engaging in aviation other than as a passenger