Mashak Rakshak, a standard health insurance policy designed for vector-borne diseases, was introduced by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on 1st April 2021. This policy is different from other health insurance as it provides financial protection to you against vector-borne diseases only. The terms and conditions of this standard plan will remain the same across insurers. Read the page and learn more about the Mashak Rakshak policy benefits.
Mashak Rakshak Base Cover
The insured will get the following benefits under the Mashak Rakshak policy:
Hospitalization Benefit: A lump sum benefit up to 100% of the Sum Insured (excluding the amount paid under the diagnosis cover) on a positive diagnosis of any of the following vector-borne diseases:
- Dengue fever
- Filaria (Lymphatic Filariasis)
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Zika Virus
Note: The above benefit is payable if the insured is hospitalized for a minimum of 72 consecutive hours.
Diagnosis Cover: The insurer will pay 2% of the sum insured on a positive diagnosis of every covered vector-borne disease. You can avail of this benefit only once in each of the policy years.
Note: The diagnosis must be confirmed by the medical practitioner.
Terms & Conditions Mashak Rakshak Health Insurance Plan
Mashak Rakshak Health Insurance Plan comes with certain terms and conditions to be mindful of. Check out the same below.
- The total amount payable in respect of hospitalization and diagnosis shall not exceed 100% of the Sum Insured during the policy period
- Any laboratory test which is not recognized or approved in India isn’t admissible for a claim
- On payment of 100% of the sum insured, the policy shall terminate. Whereas, in the case of a family floater plan, the policy will continue for the rest of the insured members.
- Once any of the insured members file a claim for Filaria (Lymphatic Filariasis), no other claim for this particular condition shall be paid to the named insured person in his/her entire lifetime.
General Exclusions from Mashak Rakshak Health Insurance Plan
The insurer won’t make any payment under the Mashak Rakshak Health Insurance Plan in case of the following:
- Claim for any illness/disease other than the covered vector-borne diseases
- Diagnosis or treatment outside the geographical limits of India
- Any laboratory test not recognized/approved by the state or central government
- Unproven treatment, services and supplies
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Daycare procedure
- OPD treatment
- Expenses related to any admission primarily for diagnostics and evaluation purposes
- Rest cure, rehabilitation and respite care
- Treatment in any hospital or by any Medical Practitioner or any other provider specifically excluded by the insurer. However, this exclusion shall not apply in case of life-threatening situations. In such a case, expenses up to the stage of stabilization are payable.
- Treatments received in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas or similar establishments or private beds registered as a nursing home
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without prescription like vitamins, minerals and organic substances unless the same is prescribed by a medical practitioner.
- Hospitalization for treatment other than allopathy
- Hospitalization for less than 72 consecutive hours