Health insurance is one of the most crucial requirements of modern-day lives. With health becoming more and more fragile and the health insurance costs soaring up, one needs the assurance of a health cover to ensure he gets treated properly when there is a need. Health insurance is usually bought for the entire family ass disease and ill-health can strike anyone at any time. Thankfully, there are some very good family floater health insurance policies available in India. Health insurance plans for a family of 4 members is widely sold. Take a look at this article to know more about these health covers.
The Best Health Insurance Plans for Family of 4
Here is a look at some of the health insurance plans for family of 4:
- Care Health Care Plan
- Star Health Family Health Optima Plan
- Max Bupa Health Companion Plan
- HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Plan
- Bajaj Allianz Family Floater Health Guard Plan
- SBI Life Smart Health Insurance Plan
These are some of the very best health insurance plans for family of 4 available in India currently. Do your research, compare and then select the plan that is best suited for you and your family members.
Features of Health Insurance Plans for Family of 4
Let us now explore the features of these plans:
- Cashless treatment: If you or any family member gets admitted in a network hospital of the insurance provider, the cashless family can be availed. Here, the insurer directly pays the hospital at the time of discharge and you need not bother about the payments. At non-network hospitals, you have to pay the bill and then get the amount reimbursed from your insurer later.
- Pre and post-hospital care: If you need any medical assistance at home before or after a hospital stay, the health insurance plan will cover the costs.
- In-patient care: All expenses related to the hospitalisation of a covered member will be taken care of by the insurer.
- Domiciliary care: Health care provided at home by a certified medical practitioner is known as domiciliary care. All domiciliary care expenses are covered under the family health insurance plans.
- Ambulance cover: If an insured family member needs to go to the hospital, or come home from there, in an ambulance, a claim can be made for the expenses incurred.
- Added riders: Riders such as the room rent waiver, hospital cash, critical illness, personal accident, etc can be added to the primary health insurance plans for family of 4.
These features are available for every member of the family. So whether you require medical assistance or your young child does, a claim can be made under the family floater health insurance policies.
Tips to find the best health insurance plans for family of 4
Here are some tips to help you find the ideal cover:
- Make a list of requirements: Start off by making a plan. List down the names of the people who need the plan, their ages, their health records, etc. Once that is done, you will be in a better position to find your ideal cover.
- Make a budget: Do not forget to make a budget before you start looking for the best family floater health insurance plan. These plans are available in a variety of prices. You need to know how much you can spare for your health insurance costs. Find a cover in your budget. This will make it easy for you to pay the premiums on time and keep the cover active. Any default in premium payment can lead to a policy lapse, which is extremely dangerous for all the family members insured.
- Compare: Be sure to compare the various health insurance plans before you make a purchase. Comparing helps you to locate the best and most suitable health cover. Unless you compare, you will not know what your options are. You may also end up buying an unnecessarily expensive cover. It takes a few seconds to compare health insurance, so do complete this step without fail.
- Be honest: And finally, be honest at all times. Do not, under any circumstances, lie on your health insurance application form. If you have any pre-existing health conditions, state it. This may increase your premium rates, but it is needed. Undergo the required health tests. If you are dishonest when buying health insurance, your entire family will suffer as the health insurance claims will get rejected later on.
Once you follow these guidelines, you will have the best health insurance coverage in no time.
The health insurance plans for a family of 4 are excellent health covers that offer protection to the entire family. You can get a good plan from a leading health insurance company and stay secured. Keep all the points mentioned above in mind and you will find the best health insurance policy with ease.