According to the HIV Estimates Report for the year 2019 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, around 23.49 lakh people are suffering from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). However, if we compare it with the epidemic’s peak in the year 2000, the overall numbers have been reduced in the past years. It is one of those medical conditions for which most health insurance companies do not provide coverage. But there are two specialized health insurance policies with which individuals can get protection against HIV or AIDS — Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan and Star Health Net Plus Plan.
With these plans from Star Health and Manipal Cigna Health Insurance, individuals can stay worry-free from any uncertainties related to medical expenses incurred on the treatment of HIV or AIDS. In this article, we will be discussing both these plans so that you can understand them better. Keep reading to know more!
Salient Features of Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan
Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan is one of the popular group health insurance plans best suited for employer-employee groups and non-employer- employee groups/associations/institutions/societies. With this plan, individuals can get the required AIDS/HIV coverage anywhere in the world along with a range of other benefits. We are showing the key features of the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan below. Please check!
- Global hospitalization coverage
- Out-patient treatment
- Choice of Base and multiple optional covers
- Comprehensive health and wellness solutions
- Flexible according to the organization or member needs
- Dedicated Global Service Network
With the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan, you can get a sum insured up to 10 million dollars. Also, the policy can be taken for both individual and multi-individual cover types.
Benefits of Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan
Now that you have a brief understanding of the key features of this health insurance plan for HIV Positive patients, you should know about the benefits of this plan shown below. Have a look!
- In-patient hospitalization
- Daycare benefits
- Multiple hospitalization and outpatient-related benefits
- Maternity expenses & newborn baby coverage
- Emergency evacuation coverage
- Dental & vision coverage
- Travel Vaccination
- Out of Area Coverage
- AIDS or HIV coverage
- Psychiatric and Psychological Care coverage
- Complementary treatments coverage
- Wellness package for Health and Well-being of the insured person
- Optional benefits like Co-payment, Deductible, Waiting Period inclusion, etc.
- Access to secure member website for end-to-end support in the US with CIGNA ENVOY facility
- Convenient access to quality health care across the world
Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan Eligibility Criteria
Have a look at the conditions that individuals should adhere to when choosing the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan.
- For an adult, the age at the time of entry can range from 18 years up to a maximum of 95 years. However, a child can enjoy coverage from Day 1 up to a maximum of 25 years.
- The policy term can be a maximum of 1 year.
- The group should have a minimum of 7 members.
- The relationships that will enjoy coverage under this policy will be self, legal spouse or unmarried partner, and unmarried children under 25 years.
- The policy can be renewed for a lifetime provided the insured person has still an association with the group.
- Individuals can also choose from different premium payment options – monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually.
What’s Not Covered under Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Plan?
Before choosing this health insurance plan, you should also know what exactly is not covered under the same. That’s why we are showing them below. Please check!
- Diseases that need treatment due to use, abuse of drugs, or some intoxicating substances
- Any illnesses or hospitalization arising or resulting from the unlawful activity
- Any uninformed stay in the hospital without undertaking any treatment
- Any illnesses or expenses caused by ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel
Star Health Net Plus Plan
Star Health Net Plus Plan can be a suitable health insurance plan for financial protection against HIV or AIDS. With this plan, the insured person will get a lump sum payment during his or her lifetime irrespective of the number of he/she undergoes. After the lump sum payment, the policy will terminate and cannot be renewed thereafter. Do remember that the stage of AIDS should be the first incidence experienced by the insured person. Apart from this, the signs and symptoms experienced by the insured person should not be more than 90 days after the commencement date of the policy.
Some other benefits that an insured person can get are mentioned below. Please check!
- Room, boarding expenses coverage as provided by the hospital or nursing home, up to 2% of the sum insured
- Nursing expenses
- Coverage of fees related to the surgeon, anesthetist, medical practitioner, consultants, specialist
- Expenses on blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, medicine & drugs, X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, cost of a pacemaker, etc.
- Emergency ambulance coverage up to INR 750 per hospitalization with an overall limit of INR 1,500 per policy period
- 30-days pre-hospitalization expenses
- Up to 7% of the hospitalization expenses on nursing charges, diagnostic charges, medicine & drugs, up to a maximum of INR 7,500 towards post-hospitalization expenses
- Cataract surgery coverage up to INR 20,000 for one eye with a maximum of INR 30,000 per policy period
- Kidney stone removal coverage up to INR 20,000
- Liver aspiration coverage up to INR 2,000
- Tonsillectomy coverage up to INR 7,500
What are the Exclusions Under Star Health Net Plus Plan?
You should know what is not covered before choosing this health insurance for HIV Positive patients from Star Health. We are showing them below. Have a look!
- Any expenses towards the treatment of HIV
- Pre-existing medical conditions including the stage of AIDS except for HIV which is specifically covered
- AIDS confirmed during the first 90 days from the commencement of the policy
- Medical expenses incurred for treatment of Tuberculosis and Gastro-Enteritis
- Injury or diseases caused by war, invasion, the act of a foreign enemy, etc.
- Cost of spectacles, hearing aids, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Naturopathy treatment