HDFC ERGO Protector Rider Plan provides extra protection to you against medical expenses. By adding this rider, you can enhance your base policy protection. Check out the key features of the HDFC ERGO Protector Rider Plan –
- Claim Protector
- Multiplier Benefit/Cumulative Bonus Protector
- Sum Insured Protector
Let’s read this page further and know more about the benefits and terms and conditions of the HDFC ERGO Protector Rider Plan.
HDFC ERGO Protector Rider Plan Benefits
You’ll be entitled to the following benefits under HDFC ERGO Protector Rider Plan –
If a claim arises under the base plan, this rider plan will cover the non-medical expenses related to that particular claim. The maximum claim amount under this benefit is restricted to the base policy sum insured. The following non-medical expenses shall be covered under this benefit –
- Baby food
- Baby utility charges
- Beauty services
- Cold pack/hot pack
- Carry bags
- Email/internet charges
- Food charges (other than patients diet provided at the hospital)
- Laundry charges
- Mineral water
- Sanitary pad
- Telephone charges
- Guest services
- Crepe bandage
- The diaper of any type
- Eyelet color slings
- Blood grouping & cross-matching of donor samples
- Service charges where nursing chargers is charged
- Television charges
- Attendant charges
- Extra diet of the patient (other than that which comes under bed charges)
- Birth certificate
- Certificate charges
- Courier charges
- Conveyance charges
- Medical certificate
- Medical records
- Photocopies chargers
- Mortuary charges
- Walking aids charges
- Oxygen cylinder (for usage outside the hospital)
- Nebulizer kit
- Steam inhaler
- Arm sling
- Cervical collar
- Diabetic footwear
- Knee braces of all types
- Knee/Shoulder Immobilizer
- Lumbosacral belt
- Nimbus/water/air bed chargers
- Ambulance collar
- Ambulance equipment
- Abdominal binder
- Private nursing charges/special nursing chargers
- Sugar-free tablets
- Creams, powder, lotions only prescribed by medical pharmaceuticals
- ECG Electrodes
- Nebulization kit
- Any kit with no details such as – delivery kit, ortho kit, recovery kit, etc.
- Kidney tray
- Oxygen mask
- Ounce glass
- Pelvic traction belt
- Pan can
- Vasofix safety
- Urometer, urine jug
- Trolly cover
Multiplier Benefit/Cumulative Bonus Protector
The accumulated Multiplier Benefit or Cumulative Bonus of the base plan will not be impacted or reduced at renewals for previous claims made under the base plan, provided the overall claim amount does not exceed INR 50,000.
Sum Insured Protector
Your Sum Insured will be increased on a cumulative basis at each renewal based on the inflation rate in the previous year. The inflation rate is computed based on the average Consumer Price Index (CPI) of the entire calendar year published by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO). Sum Insured Protector benefit applies only to the basic sum insured and not Multiplier Benefit/Cumulative Bonus or any other benefit which will lead to an increase in the sum insured.
Free Look Period
A free look period of 15 days shall apply to new individual health insurance policies and not renewals or at the time of porting/migrating the policy. In this free look period, you can review the terms and conditions of the policy and return the same if not acceptable. If you haven’t claimed during the free look period, you will be entitled to a refund of the paid premium less medical examination expenses and stamp duty charges. Where the risk has already commenced, a deduction towards the proportionate risk premium for the period on the cover will be provided. And if only a part of the insurance coverage has commenced, a refund such proportionate premium commensurate with the insurance coverage will be made.
Terms & Conditions of HDFC ERGO Protector Rider
- You can purchase HDFC ERGO Protector Rider along with the base plan only. It cannot be bought in isolation or as a separate product.
- You can opt for this rider if it is specifically mentioned in the base policy schedule.
- Exclusions under this plan will be the same as the base plan
- No waiting period shall apply on HDFC ERGO Protector Rider. However, it will follow the waiting period of the base plan.
- This policy can be renewed only if the base plan is being renewed, otherwise, it will not be eligible for renewal.
- The policy benefits are applicable if it is renewed regularly without any break
- The request for renewal along with the requisite premium should be submitted to the insurer before the end of the policy period.
- At the end of the policy period, the policy terminates and it can be renewed within the grace period of 30 days
- The coverage under this plan is not available during the grace period
- If the premium is paid in a lump sum, a discount of 7.5% on the premium will be provided for a policy term of 2 years and 10% on 3 years.
- A family discount of 10% will be provided if two or more family members are covered under this policy
- You can intimate the insurer about the claim within 30 days of its occurrence.