Health Insurance should be the topmost priority for individuals as it can prevent them from exhausting their savings should they face any medical emergency. So if you fall sick and require hospitalization, you will need a plan that can provide you daily hospital cash benefits. Well, HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan can offer you the same. With features like Hospital Cash benefits, Accident ICU Cash Benefits, Multiple Daily Cash Amount options and Tax Benefits, this plan from HDFC Ergo could be the one you are looking for!
Want to know more about it? Well, you have come to the right place to do so. We will be discussing its key features, benefits, premium amount, eligibility criteria, etc. So, keep reading!
Reasons to Choose HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan
HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan comes with the best-in-class features and benefits that should make you choose it. Without waiting any further, you can glance at those.
- One of the main reasons to choose this particular health insurance plan from HDFC Ergo is that this plan provides Daily Cash Benefit where you need hospitalization. During hospitalization, there are many additional expenses such as attendant’s food, travel expenses, accommodation expenses that are not covered by normal plans. This plan provides a lump sum benefit to individuals which they can utilize towards these expenses or hospitalization expenses.
- HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan provides two options from which individuals can choose according to their requirements – Gold Plan for 90 Days and Gold Plan for 180 Days. Both these plans have different benefits when it comes to the Daily Cash benefit offerings.
- Individuals also complain about complex paperwork and the lengthy process of medical bill submission to get the claim for their policy. This policy from HDFC Ergo frees you from any such worries as you can get the claim easily with minimum paperwork, and you don’t need to submit any medical bills too.
- You will not need to undergo any medical screening before choosing this policy.
- This policy can be issued for 1 year or 2 years, so you can choose the policy term accordingly.
- For paying the premium towards HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan, you can also get Tax Benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Sum Insured once chosen at the time of entering into the policy can be enhanced only at the time of renewal if you have not made any claim under the Policy.
- HDFC Ergo provides the option of Lifelong Renewability to the insured person unless he or she has done some improper, fraudulent, or dishonest acts related to the policy.
What are the Daily Cash Amount Options under this Plan?
HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan comes with three Daily Cash Amount Options – INR 1,000, INR 2,000, and INR 3,000 per Policy Year for both 90-days Plan and 180-days Plan.
HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan Benefits
What are the benefits that you can enjoy by choosing a Cash Health Insurance Plan from HDFC Ergo? Well, we are showing them below. Have a look!
- Sickness Hospital Cash for a maximum of 90 days or 180 days per policy year
- Sickness ICU Cash in case of ICU Admission for a maximum of 15 days per policy year (Twice Daily Cash Amount will be paid)
- Accident Hospital Cash for up to 90 days or 180 days per policy year
- Accident ICU Cash in case the insured person is admitted to an ICU due to an accident for up to 15 days per policy year (Twice Daily Cash Amount)
- Day Care Procedure Cash up to 6 Day Care Procedures per policy year (50% of the Daily Cash amount)
- Joint Hospitalization due to an Accident up to 10 days per policy year ( Twice Daily Cash Amount)
- Convalescence Cash Benefits payable once in a policy year (lump sum amount will be paid in case of more than 7 days’ Hospitalization)
Premium Amount for HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan
For every policy, you need to pay a certain amount, which is known as a premium. One of the important things you need to remember is that the premium amount tends to vary according to factors such as Plan Option, Age, Daily Cash Benefit Option, and the Premium Payment Term.
In the case of HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan, the minimum premium amount stands at INR 1,183 for individuals between the age of 91 days to 45 years who have chosen a Daily Cash Benefit option of INR 1,000.
Important Points to Remember when Choosing HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan
We are presenting some of the points that you should keep in mind while choosing this HDFC Ergo Plan. Do check!
- Any individual between the age of 5 years to 65 years can choose this policy.
- If either of the parents is covered under HDFC ERGO Optima Cash Health Insurance Plan, dependent children can also get coverage from the age of 91 days.
- This policy can be issued to both an individual or a family (includes Self, Spouse, and Dependent Children). However, this plan offers coverage on an individual sum insured basis only.
- You can also get a Family Discount of 10% if 2 or more members are covered under this health insurance plan.
What are the Exclusions Under this Policy?
You should also know a few things that are not covered under this plan from HDFC Ergo. Do check them below!
- 2-year Exclusion for Specific Diseases
- Treatments within the first 30 days of the Policy will not get coverage, except for accidental injuries
- 4-year waiting period for any pre-existing condition
- Hospitalization due to war, chemical or biological weapons
- HIV or AIDS and related diseases