HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus becomes a supplement to your existing mediclaim policy. Under HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus, you will get the following benefits –
- Supplementary Cover
- No Sub-limit
- No medical tests up to 55 years of age
- Family Discount
- Coverage Period of 1 or 2 year
- Tax Benefits
Let’s check out all these and other benefits of HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus in detail.
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus Supplementary Cover
The claims under HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus shall be admissible only if the aggregate of the covered hospitalization expenses exceeds the deductible. Under this supplementary cover, you will get coverage for the following –
- In-patient treatment – This includes the expenses of room rent, boarding, nursing, ICU, medical practitioner fees, etc.
- Pre-hospitalization – Up to 60 days before the date of hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization – Up to 90 days after the discharge from the hospital
- Daycare procedures – Where hospitalization is less than 24 hours due to technological advancements
- Domiciliary treatments – Medical expenses that are usually incurred at the hospital but incurred at home due to unavailability of room in the hospital or any other valid reason come under domiciliary treatment. If you claim the domiciliary hospitalization benefit, you will not get the post-hospitalization benefit, although the pre-hospitalization benefit shall be payable. This benefit shall be available to you for the following medical treatments – Asthma, Bronchitis, Tonsillitis and upper respiratory tract infection for both Laryngitis and Pharyngitis, cough and cold, influenza, arthritis, gout and rheumatism, chronic nephritis and nephritic syndrome, diarrhea and all types of dysentery, diabetes mellitus and insipidus, epilepsy, hypertension, all kind of psychiatric and psychosomatic disorders, pyrexia of unknown origin.
- Organ donor expenses – Medical expenses for the donor who is donating an organ to the insured person
- Emergency ambulance – Up to INR 2,000 per hospitalization
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus has No Sub-limit
Purchasing HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus means you will get medical expenses from the insurer up to the sum insured. A sub-limit is the limitation on your insurance claim. But HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus doesn’t have a sub-limit. So you can claim the top-up plan without any hassle.
No Preliminary Medical Tests Required
You don’t need to go through a medical examination if your age is under 55 years, provided you have no medical history. Although if any of the insured members are above 55 years, they need to go through the medical examination. If the pre-policy medical check-up is conducted under the company’s empanelled diagnostic center, you can get 50% of the standard medical charges reimbursed, subject to acceptance of proposal and policy issuance.
Family Discount on HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus
If 3 or more members are covered under HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus on an individual basis, you will get a 10% discount on the premium payment. HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus minimum premium amount is INR 1,100 per annum excluding taxes. This health insurance policy offers a policy term of 1 or 2 years, and the sum insured ranges from INR 3-10 Lakh.
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus Tax Benefits
You can save tax under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, up to INR 1.5 Lakh in a financial year. The tax benefit shall be available to you only if the policy is in force and premiums are paid in full.
Exclusion from HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up Plus
The company shall not be liable in case of the following –
- If medical expenses don’t exceed the deductible
- Expenses of any treatment during the waiting period, unless it is an accidental injury
- Any illness/disease expenses during the first 30 days from the policy commencement date
- Pre-existing conditions till the expiry of a 48-month waiting period
- Specified illness/disease till the expiry of a 24-month waiting period
- Congenital external disease or defects or anomalies
- Intentional self-injury and suicide
- Injury/illness caused by or contributed to by war, any act of war, invasion, the act of a foreign enemy, nuclear weapons or materials
- Alcohol, drug or any substance abuse treatment
- Participation in the military, naval, air force