HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan not only keeps you fit but also covers you financially if you are ill. Loaded with multiple sum insured options and different variants, this plan can be a perfect partner for you if you wish to lead a healthy life. One of the best things about this plan from HDFC Ergo is that it provides a ‘Stay Active’ benefit. This benefit gives you a 8% discount on your premium amount at the time of policy renewal.
Want to know more about HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan? Well, you are at the right place as we will be telling everything related to this plan, such as its key features, benefits, sum insured options, eligibility criteria, etc. So, let’s start!
Reasons to Choose HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan
Why should you choose HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan? What are those key features of this plan that makes it so popular among customers? Well, we are answering all such questions below. Take a look!
- How would you feel if your health insurance plan provides a discount just on walking? You will be happy for sure! Well, HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan provides the same as it offers a discount at each renewal on completing the average step count on the mobile application. An individual can get a renewal discount of as much as 8% on achieving an average step count of above 10,000.
- Individuals can also enjoy a 7.5% discount on paying a premium for 2 years towards their policy once in advance.
- Do you know you can choose from a total of 3 variants while choosing the Easy Health Insurance Plan? These variants are Standard, Exclusive, and Premium. Based on the variant option, the cover amount will vary.
- This policy from HDFC Ergo enables individuals to enjoy a cashless medical treatment at more than 10,000 network hospitals across India. Also, HDFC Ergo ensures that you don’t waste any of your precious time in the process of pre-authorization as 90% of this process is completed within 2 hours.
- For people who want to enhance their overall protection, HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan offers Additional Cover for Critical Illness, which provides coverage for illnesses like cancer, open chest CABG, etc. Do remember this is an optional benefit. With this option, the sum insured for critical illness can be either 50% or 100% of your basic sum insured with a minimum of INR 1 lakh to up to INR 10 lakh.
- If you want to upgrade your cover to the next slab, you can do it too at the time of renewal. This process is easy and can be done online.
- Individuals can enjoy tax benefits on the premium paid under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
What are the Sum Insured Options for this Policy?
As we told you earlier, individuals can choose from three different variants according to their requirements. Based on these variants, there are multiple sum insured options that you can choose from. With the Standard Variant, the sum insured ranges from INR 2 lakh to 15 lakh. On the other hand, if you are choosing the Exclusive Variant, the sum insured can range from INR 3 lakh to INR 50 lakh. For the Premium Variant, you can choose the sum insured from INR 4 lakh to INR 50 lakh.
HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan Benefits that You Can Enjoy
What are some of the benefits that individuals can enjoy with Easy Health Insurance from HDFC Ergo? Well, you can check the same below.
- In-patient treatment coverage
- Pre- and post-hospitalization
- Daycare procedures coverage
- Domiciliary treatment coverage
- Organ donor expenses
- Ambulance cover up to INR 2,000 per hospitalization
- AYUSH Benefits up to INR 50,000 depending on the sum insured and variant
- Daily Cash Benefits for choosing shared accommodation up to INR 1,000 per day with a maximum of INR 6,000 per policy period
- Newborn baby on the payment of an additional premium
- Recovery Benefit of INR 10,000 for more than 10 days of hospitalization
- Emergency Ambulance up to INR 2.5 lakh per hospitalization
- Maternity expenses coverage
- Outpatient dental treatment with a waiting period of 3 years up to 1% of the sum insured, capped to a maximum of INR 10,000
- E-opinion in respect of critical illnesses
- Health check-up facility up to 1% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of INR 5,000
Important Points Regarding the HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan
When choosing the HDFC ERGO Easy Health Insurance Plan, you should know a few important points that will help you understand it better. We are showing them below. Do check!
- An individual as young as 5 years can opt for Easy Health Insurance Plan from HDFC Ergo. However, the dependent children can get coverage from 91 days if either parent is covered under the plan.
- The maximum age for entering into the policy stands at 65 years.
- The policy will provide coverage for 1 or 2 years. Individuals can choose the cover period according to their convenience. However, you can get a discount of 7.5% on the premium amount if you choose a 2-year policy.
- The cover will be given on a Floater Sum Basis, which means the overall sum insured will float among all family members.
- You can add up to 6 members in a Single Policy, while in a Family Floater Policy, a maximum of 2 parents and a maximum of 6 children can get covered.