Health Insurance Plans take care of the expenses of insured members in a medical crisis. If you are a government employee, you can also cover your dependent family members along with yourself with such plans. There are several central and state government health schemes from which you can choose according to your convenience.
On this page, we will talk about the best Health Insurance Plans for Government Employees and their extraordinary features. Let’s start without any delay!
Features and Benefits of Top Health Insurance Plans for Government Employees
Some of the top-class health insurance schemes for Government Employees are the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), Andhra Pradesh State Government Employee Health Scheme, Telangana State Government Health Scheme for Employees and Journalists and West Bengal Health Scheme for Government Employees.
We are discussing the features and benefits of these plans so that you can understand. Let’s start!
Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
Central Government Health Scheme is one of the most popular health insurance schemes for government employees as well as pensioners (formal employees) in India. Started in 1954, this scheme provides comprehensive health coverage to individuals insured under the plan. The main reason behind the launch of this scheme was to help beneficiaries get access to medical services at CGHS dispensaries or clinics. We are showing the key components of this scheme below that you should check.
- Dispensary services and domiciliary hospitalization
- Consultation facilities from Specialist Doctors
- Hospitalization in case of an illness or disease or accident
- Purchase, storage and distribution, and supply of medication and other medical requirements
- Health education to insured members under the plan
- Diagnostic Tests or Laboratory examinations like X-rays, ECG
- Maternity, Child Health and Family welfare services
With the CGHS Scheme, Government employees can enjoy the following benefits.
- Coverage against OPD Treatment and Costs of Medicines
- Cashless medical treatment
- Consultation at government or polyclinic hospitals
- Indoor treatment/ Investigations at government or empanelled hospitals under the scheme
- Reimbursement for medical treatments, purchase of products like hearing aids, artificial limbs, etc.
Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Andhra Pradesh State Government Employee Health Scheme
Andhra Pradesh Government offers health insurance to its employees in a collaboration with Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Trust. With this scheme, government employees and pensioners can get benefits in a medical emergency along with their dependent families. Have a look at the key features of this plan mentioned below.
- Cashless treatment facility at empanelled hospitals across India
- Coverage against chronic diseases treatment (Outpatient Treatment at empanelled hospitals)
- Post-hospitalization care
- Free Out-Patient Evaluation for Listed Therapies
- 10 Days Post-Discharge Medication Cover
- Financial coverage of INR 2 lakh per illness with no limit on the number of illnesses
- Coverage for Complications up to 30 Days Post-Discharge
- Coverage up to 1-year against Consultation, investigation, drugs, etc. on listed therapies
- Investigations converge that include diagnostic tests and radiology services
- Doctor’s Consultation Coverage
- Pharmacy bills coverage
- Annuals health checkup for employees above 40 years
With the Employee Health Scheme from the State of Andhra Pradesh, the following chronic treatments will be covered.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Bronchial Asthma
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Type 1 and 2 DM
- SLE and other Connective Tissue Disorders
- Convulsive Disorder
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Psychosis and Other Chronic Psychiatric Problems
- Vascular Occlusive Disorder of Extremities
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Cardiac Failure
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Telangana State Government Health Scheme for Employees and Journalists
If you are a state government employee at Telangana, you can enjoy the cashless treatment at network hospitals in a medical emergency. Under this scheme, dependent family members of State Government employees can also get covered. We are discussing its features below for you to look at.
- In-patient Hospitalization Cover (according to the pay grade of employees)
- Free Outpatient Evaluation for specific chronic diseases
- Cashless cover against post-discharge medication up to 10 days
- Post-discharge complication cover up to 30 days
- Long-term treatment cover
Under Telangana State Government Health Scheme for Employees and Journalists, the following individuals will not get covered.
- People covered under other insurance schemes such as Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
- Casual and Daily paid workers
- People working in ESIS, Railways, RTC, Aarogya Bhadratha of Police Department, and Arogya Sahayatha of Prohibition & Excise Department
- Law officers (Advocate General, State Prosecutors, State Counsels, Government Pleaders and Public Prosecutors)
- Biological parents (if adopted parents exist)
- All independent children
- AIS officers and pensioners
West Bengal Health Scheme for Government Employees
West Bengal Health Scheme offers financial assistance to their government employees and pensioners in case of their hospitalization. Launched in the year 2008, eligible members can seek cashless medical treatment at network hospitals up to INR 1 lakh. Have a look at the key features of this plan mentioned below.
- Cashless Indoor treatment up to INR 1 lakh (Extra amount will be borne by the policyholder)
- OPD Treatment for 15 diseases
- Reimbursement of a certain percentage of amount if the treatment is taken at a non-empanelled hospital
- Out-of-state Hospitalization Cover
- Cover against major surgeries
- OPD and Minor Surgeries coverage
- Laparoscopic or endoscopic surgeries, normal deliveries (Cover for 3-4 days)
- Coverage against Specialized surgeries up to 12 days