Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy provides a daily benefit in case you are hospitalized during the policy period for more than 24 hours. This policy is available to persons aged between 18- 65 years. Under this policy, you can also cover your spouse, dependent children (aged between 03 months to 26 years), parents or parents-in-law. Keep reading this page below and know about the coverage, exclusions and terms and conditions of the Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy.
Buy Group Health Insurance @ Low Premium
Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy Benefits
The insurer shall pay the following benefits in case you’re hospitalized during the policy term –
Daily Benefit for Normal Hospitalization (Sickness): You’ll receive a daily benefit for each consecutive and completed hospitalization of more than 24 hours or daycare procedure.
Daily Benefit for Normal Hospitalization (Accident): In case you are hospitalized due to an accident, the insurer will pay a daily benefit for each consecutive and completed hospitalization of more than 24 hours or daycare procedure.
Daily Benefit for ICU Hospitalization (Sickness): The insurer will pay a daily benefit in case you are hospitalized for more than 24 hours in an ICU ward for the treatment of an illness.
Daily Benefit for ICU Hospitalisation (Accident): You will get a daily benefit in the event of hospitalization due to an accident for each consecutive and completed period of more than 24 hours in an ICU ward.
Conditions Applicable to the above-mentioned Benefit
- Whenever you receive an ICU Benefit under this policy, you won’t get the daily benefit for normal hospitalization
- The daily benefit will be payable for every completed 24 hours of hospitalization
- If the hospitalization remains less than 24 hours, a Single day benefit will be payable to you in respect of daycare procedures.
List of Day Care Procedures Covered Under Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy
The insurer shall cover the following day care procedures under this policy
- Microsurgical operations on the middle ear
- Other operations on the middle and internal ear
- Operations on the nose and the nasal sinuses
- Operations on the eyes
- Operations on the skin and subcutaneous tissues
- Operations on the mouth and face
- Operations to the tongue
- Operations on the salivary glands and salivary ducts
- Operations on the tonsils and adenoids
- Traumatological surgery and orthopedics
- Operations on the breast
- Operations on the digestive tract
- Operations on the female sexual organs
- Operations on Bartholin’s glands (cyst)
- Operations on the male sexual organs
- Operations on the prostate and seminal vesicles
- Operations on the scrotum and tunica vaginalis testis
- Operations on the testes
- Operations on the spermatic cord, epididymis and ductus deferens
- Operations on the penis
- Operations on the urinary system
- Other Operations such as Lithotripsy, Coronary angiography, Haemodialysis, Cancer Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for Cancer
Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy Optional Covers
By paying an additional premium, you can extend coverage under this policy with the following optional benefits
- Convalescence Benefit: If you are hospitalized for at least 10 consecutive days, a lump sum amount is payable towards convalescence once in a policy period. This benefit shall be payable to you in case of an admissible claim under the base cover.
- Accompaniment Benefit for Parent Hospitalisation: In case your parents are hospitalized (aged above 60 years), a lump sum amount equal to 5X the Daily Benefit for Normal Hospitalization (Sickness) shall be payable once in a policy period.
- Accompaniment Benefit for Children Hospitalisation: if children aged 12 years or less get hospitalized during the policy period, the insurer will pay a lump sum amount equal to 5X the Daily Benefit for Normal Hospitalization (Sickness).
- Child Birth Benefit: The insurer will pay a lump sum amount equal to 5X the daily benefit in case of hospitalization due to childbirth. Only the female insured members are covered under this optional cover. A waiting period of 9 months from the date of inception of the policy applies to this benefit, which is payable for the delivery of a maximum of two living children. Ectopic pregnancy and termination of pregnancy shall not be covered under this optional cover.
Exclusions from Chola Group Hospital Cash Health Insurance Policy
The insurer shall not pay the benefits if hospitalization occurs due to the following –
- War or any act of war
- Breach of law with criminal intent o
- Intentional self-injury or attempted suicide
- Abuse of alcohol or narcotic drugs
- Ionizing radiation or contamination from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste
- Experimental or unproven treatment.
- Participation in any hazardous activities such as scuba diving, motor racing, parachuting, etc.
- Treatment of obesity and any other weight control program
- Sterility treatment
- Circumcisions unless necessitated by illness or injury
- Laser treatment for correction of the eyesight due to refractive error
- Sex transformation operations
- Cosmetic treatments unless necessitated by traumatic injury, burns or cancer
- Vaccination or inoculation unless part of post-animal bite treatment.
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, crutches, artificial limbs, etc.
- Any external congenital diseases/defects/anomalies.
- Dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated by illness or accidental bodily Injury
- Treatment by a Medical Practitioner who shares the same residence with the insured
- Any treatment or part of a treatment that is not of a reasonable charge or medically necessary
- Hospitalization due to pregnancy, childbirth and its consequences
- Treatment/operation to cure impotence or to improve potency
- Oral Chemotherapy
- Natural Perils such as avalanche, earthquake, volcanic eruptions.
- Naturopathy Treatments
- Non-Allopathic or Alternative treatment