Universal Sompo Group Health Insurance provides coverage to a group of people who work under the same firm or company or organization. If you want to make your employees worry-free about their finances in a medical crisis, a group health insurance plan from Universal Sompo could be the solution. A group plan can also boost the morale of your employees as the employer (policyholder) pays the premium for the policy. Insured members can also cover their family members in some cases.
Buy Group Health Insurance @ Low Premium
Universal Sompo offers a wide range of products catering to people with diverse backgrounds. Before understanding the features and benefits of group health insurance plans, let’s check out the key reasons for choosing Universal Sompo.
- Cashless hospitalization facility at 4,000+ network hospitals across India
- Claim settlement ratio of more than 90%
- Wider coverage with 86 branches across India
- Customized products according to different needs of customers
- IRDAI-approved products
- Hassle-free claim settlement
Read this page to know more about the several Universal Sompo Group Health Insurance Plans. Let’s start without any further delay!
Features and Benefits of Different Universal Sompo Group Health Insurance Plans
As mentioned earlier, Universal Sompo offers a wide range of group health insurance plans as per people’s needs. These plans are Group Mashak Rakshak Policy, Group Health Insurance Policy, Janta Personal Accident Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance and Swarna Gramin Bima Group Yojana.
We are discussing the features and benefits of these plans one after another. Do check!
Group Mashak Rakshak Policy
This group policy provides coverage to those individuals who are diagnosed with any vector-borne diseases and hospitalized for a minimum of 72 hours. Have a look at its key features mentioned below.
- Hospitalization benefits up to 100% of the sum insured upon the diagnosis of Dengue fever, Malaria, Filaria (Lymphatic Filariasis), Kala-azar, Chikungunya, Japanese Encephalitis or Zika Virus
- Diagnosis cover up to 2% of the sum insured
- A first 15-day waiting period
- A 15-day free look period
Group Health Insurance Policy
Also referred to as Corporate or Employee Health Insurance, this policy from Universal Sompo Health Insurance provides the following coverages to a group of people
- Hospitalization (24 consecutive hours as in-patient treatment) – AYUSH, Domiciliary Hospitalization/ Treatment and Day Care Procedures
- Pre and Post-Hospitalization expenses coverage
- Wellness Benefits
- Emergency Assistance Services
- Accident Benefit Cover
- Dental Treatment Cover
- Medically Advised Support Devices
- Benefit Cover for Pandemic/Epidemic Diseases (including COVID-19)
- Additional Ambulance Charges
- Corporate Buffer
- Organ Donor Expenses
Policyholders can also choose from the following available extensions under the policy. Please look!
- Pre-Existing Disease Waiting Period Waiver
- Specific Waiting Period Waiver
- Initial Waiting Period for Hospitalization Waiver
- Obesity/ Weight Control Expenses Extension
- Change-of-Gender Treatments Expenses Extension
- Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery Expenses Extension
- Hazardous or Adventure Sports Expenses Extension
- Sterility and Infertility Treatment Expenses Extension
- Maternity Expenses Extension with Baby-Day-One Cover
- OPD Expenses Extension
- Maternity OPD Expenses Extension
- Global Coverage
- Non-medical Expenses Cover
Janta Personal Accident Insurance
Universal Sompo Janta Personal Accident Insurance provides coverage to insured members and their families against the financial consequences in case of accidents. We are showing its prominent features below that you can check.
- Coverage against death and permanent total disablement during the policy period
- Group discounts up to 25% of the total premium
- Compensation benefits depending upon the nature of the injury and the sum insured
- On-duty cover discounts up to 25% of basic premium
- Off-duty cover discounts up to 50% of the premium
- A 15-day free look period
- Enrollment age of 5 to 65 years (However, the proposer should be 18 years or above)
Group Personal Accident Insurance
Do check the prominent features of Universal Sompo Group Personal Accident Insurance mentioned below.
- Coverage against death or disappearance up to the capital sum insured
- Up to 125% of the sum insured in case of permanent total disablement due to an accident during the policy period
- Permanent partial disablement coverage(up to 75% of the sum insured)
- Weekly benefit in case of temporary total disablement
- Lump sum benefit in case of miscarriage (over and above the sum insured)
- Lifestyle modification coverage
- Daily allowance for assisted mobility
- Funeral expenses coverage
- Medical expenses cover (Room rent, pre and post-hospitalization up to 120 days respectively, Surgeon fees, ICU rent, etc.)
- Hospital Cash benefit up to 90 days per policy period
- OPD Visit coverage
- Marriage expenses
- Loss of baggage
- Pending bills liability
- Children’s Education up to 25 years of age
- Road and Air Ambulance Charges
- Carriage of Mortal Remains
- Adventure Sports Inclusion Cover
Swarna Gramin Bima Group Yojana
Swarna Gramin Bima Group Yojana can be purchased by organizations such as NGOs, Financial Institutions for covering its rural clientele. Let’s check the key features of this plan mentioned below.
- Personal accident coverage up to 125% of the sum insured during the policy term
- Critical illness coverage for 11 illnesses (Cancer of specified severity, First Heart Attack of specified severity, Kidney Failure requiring regular dialysis, Major Organ /Bone Marrow Transplant, Open Chest CABG, Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms, Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent Symptoms, Open Heart Replacement, Permanent Paralysis of Limb, Coma of Specified Severity and Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms)
- Hospital Cash up to INR 1,000 per day (up to INR 1,80,000)
- Double benefit in case of ICU admission
- The choice to receive hospital cash for a maximum of 15, 30, 45, 90 or 180 days
- Group discounts on premiums