With New India Assurance Group Health Insurance, you can shield your employees financially from medical expenses in case of illnesses or diseases. By choosing from multiple products offered by New India Assurance, you can cover all the members in a group. You can check the important features of New India Assurance Group Health Insurance mentioned below.
- Coverage against hospitalization expenses
- Cashless medical treatment through network hospitals across India
- Diverse group health insurance plan options
- The hassle-free claim settlement process
On this page, we will talk about the features and benefits of its different group health insurance products so that you can understand better. Let’s start!
Features and Benefits of New India Assurance Group Health Insurance Plans
One of the best things about New India Assurance Group Health Insurance is that employers can choose from multiple plans to take care of their employees’ finances. These plans are Standard Group Janta Mediclaim, New India Flexi Group Mediclaim and Cancer Medical Expenses Group Plan.
You can understand the detailed features and benefits of these plans one after another below. Please check!
New India Assurance Standard Group Janta Mediclaim Policy
This group health insurance plan from New India Assurance provides coverage against expenses incurred on hospitalization. Insured members of a group can enjoy the cashless medical facility in case of any emergency.
Let’s check out the key features of this plan mentioned below.
- Coverage against the cost of treatment in the general ward of the hospital or Day Care Centre up to INR 450 per day
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses covered up to INR 1,800 per day
- Coverage against Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants’ Specialist fees (up to INR 12,600)
- Costs of Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines & Drugs, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, etc.
- Pre and post-hospitalization cover for 30 and 60 days, respectively (up to 10% of the overall hospital bill)
- Coverage against expenses incurred on Ayurvedic/Homeopathic/Unani Treatment up to 25% of the sum insured
- Ambulance coverage for transportation of insured member from residence to hospital for admission in ICU or emergency war (up to INR 1,000)
- Organ donor expenses coverage during organ transplant
- Cataract coverage up to INR 10,800
- Hysterectomy cover up to INR 22,500
- Angiography coverage up to INR 12,000
- Ventilator charges coverage up to INR 450 per day of hospitalization
The policy will not provide coverage in the following situations-
- War invasion, acts of foreign enemy, war-like operations, Nuclear weapons, ionizing radiation, contamination by radioactivity, etc.
- Circumcision, cosmetic or aesthetic treatment
- Vaccination or Inoculation
- Cost of braces, non-durable implants, etc.
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempt, etc.
- Participation in any hazardous sport of any kind
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Maternity expenses
- Naturopathy treatment
New India Flexi Group Mediclaim Policy
If you are looking to protect your employee’s finances in a medical emergency, New India Flexi Group Mediclaim Policy could suit you. This policy from New India Assurance provides coverage for hospitalization expenses incurred on an illness or injury.
We are showing its key features below. Please check!
- Coverage against Room and Boarding Expenses (as provided by the hospital including Nursing charges), up to 1% of Sum Insured per day
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/ Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses covered up to 2% of the sum insured per day
- Coverage against expenses incurred on Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees (up to INR 10,000 via reimbursement)
- Coverage against Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines & Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, & Cost of Organs and similar expenses
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses coverage up to 30 and 60 days, respectively
- Cataract Coverage for each eye up to INR 24,000
- AYUSH cover up to 25% of the sum insured
- Ambulance services up to 1% of the sum insured or actual charges (whichever is less, subject to a maximum of INR 2,500)
- Hospitalization expenses of Organ Donor during organ transplant to the insured member (up to the sum insured limit)
- Coverage against Impairment of Persons’ intellectual faculties by the usage of drugs, stimulants or depressants up to 5% of Sum Insured. The maximum cover won’t exceed INR 25,000 per policy period
- Artificial Life Maintenance up to 10% of the sum insured for a maximum of 15 days per policy period
- Treatment of mental illness, stress or psychological disorders and neurodegenerative disorders up to 25% of the sum insured
- Genetic diseases or disorders coverage up to 25% of the sum insured per policy period
- Coverage of modern treatments of procedures up to 50% of the sum insured ( with a maximum of INR 2.5 lakh)
You should also know the major exclusions under this Group Health Insurance from New India Assurance mentioned below.
- Rest Cure, Rehabilitation and Respite Care
- Obesity or Weight Control
- Change of Gender Treatments
- Hazardous or Adventure Sports
- Unproven Treatments
- Maternity Expenses
- Circumcision unless required to treat injury or illness
- Naturopathy treatment
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Treatment has taken outside India
- Treatment such as Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance (RFQMR), External Counterpulsation (ECP), Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP), Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Cancer Medical Expenses Group Plan
This policy from New India Assurance is valid for one year from the date the insured person becomes a member of the Indian Cancer Society. The coverage under the policy will start from that date only. This policy can also cover two dependent children as an extension to the current group cancer medical expenses policy.
The sum insured can go up to INR 2 lakh for which the premium will be INR 800 plus taxes. Also, the sum insured under the policy will increase by 5% for each completed year up to 50% of the sum insured on not claiming in a policy year.