Are you looking to protect your employees as well as their families from unforeseen health emergencies? Well, IFFCO TOKIO Group Medishield Insurance Policy could be perfect for you. The reason being this plan covers your workforce and their dependents against illnesses and injuries. Policyholders under this group can protect their members without purchasing a different policy for every member of the group.
Let’s have a look at the key features of the Group Medishield Insurance Policy mentioned below.
- In-patient Hospitalization Benefit
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Modern Treatments Method coverage
- Day Care Treatments coverage
- Maternity Expenses Benefit
- No Health Check-up Required
- Coverage from Day 1 of the Policy
- A 15-day Free Look period
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
To understand the plan further, we will discuss this plan in detail so that you can purchase the same without any second thought. Let’s start without any further delay!
Buy Group Health Insurance @ Low Premium
Features and Benefits of IFFCO TOKIO Group Medishield Insurance Policy in Detail
IFFCO TOKIO Group Medishield Insurance Policy provides comprehensive and affordable protection to members under groups like corporate offices, credit societies, educational institutes, travel companies, etc. We are showing the prominent features and benefits of this plan below. Please check!
In-patient Hospitalization Coverage
If an insured person under a group suffers an injury or contracts any disease and requires a hospitalization (upon the advice of the medical practitioner), the policy will cover the following hospitalization expenses.
- Room and Boarding expenses (as provided by hospital/nursing home)
- Nursing expenses
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees (including consultation through telemedicine as per the prevailing Telemedicine Practice Guideline)
- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials, Diagnostic imaging modalities, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of a pacemaker, Artificial Limbs, Cost of organs and similar expenses
- AYUSH hospitalization expenses (including pre and post-hospitalization expenses) up to the Sum Insured per person per policy period
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
Modern Treatment Methods and Advancement in Technology
During the policy period, if an insured person needs to undergo the following modern treatment methods either as in-patient or domiciliary hospitalization or as part of day care treatment, IFFCO TOKIO Group Medishield Insurance Policy covers up to 50% of the sum insured.
- Uterine Artery Embolization and HIFU (High intensity focused ultrasound)
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Deep Brain stimulation
- Oral chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy- Monoclonal Antibody to be given as an injection
- Intravitreal injections
- Robotic surgeries
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- The vaporization of the prostate (Green laser treatment or holmium laser treatment)
- IONM – (Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring)
- Stem cell therapy: Hematopoietic stem cells for bone marrow transplant for hematological conditions to be covered
Day Care Procedure Coverage
If an insured person needs to undergo a procedure that needs hospitalization of less than 24 hours (day care treatments), the policy will pay against the expenses incurred on the same.
Maternity Expenses Benefit
Group Medishield Insurance Policy from IFFCO TOKIO also provides an optional cover that policyholders can get by paying 10% of the total basic premium for all insured persons under the policy.
Policyholders can choose this benefit option at the time of choosing this policy. Also, no refund will be allowed if the insured person cancels this option during the policy period. Under this benefit option, the maximum coverage amount will be INR 50,000 or 20% of the sum insured (whichever is lower). You should also check the special conditions applicable to the maternity expenses benefit option mentioned below.
- You will get this benefit only if the expenses are incurred in a hospital or nursing home as in-patient hospitalization in India.
- A waiting period of 9 months will apply to the payment of any claim related to normal delivery or cesarean section or abdominal operation.
- Only the first two children will be covered under this group policy for any insured person covered under the policy. Insured persons who have two or more living children will not be eligible for this benefit.
- You will not get coverage against pre and post-natal expenses unless admitted to a hospital or nursing home.
What is Not Covered Under the Plan?
You will not get coverage in the following situations.
- War (whether declared or not) and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrections, mutiny, military or usurped power, seizure, capture, arrest, restraints and detainment of all kinds
- Circumcision (except for vaccination or inoculation or change of life)
- Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery
- Cost of spectacles, Contact Lens and Hearing Aids
- Dental Treatment
- Rest Cure Rehabilitation and Respite Care
- Treatment for Alcoholism, Drug or substance abuse or any addictive condition
- Maternity expenses
- Sterility and Infertility
- Change of Gender-treatments
- Hazardous or adventure sports
- Unproven treatments