FAQs 2092 views October 6, 2018

News of 2 wheeler vehicles are common. To protect against the loss, most people buying 2 wheeler insurance policies that cover them to the extent of the price of the vehicle minus depreciation charges. However, there are certain necessary steps to be followed before filing a claim for the lost vehicle.

Step 1: File an FIR with the local police station or the police station nearest to the place from where your 2 wheeler has been stolen (if you are traveling);

Step 2: Submit the copy of the complaint or FIR filed to the insurance company along with necessary documents, keys of your 2 wheeler vehicle and the non-traceable certificate.

The necessary documents that need to be submitted while claiming for the loss due to theft are:-

  • Original Registration Certificate (RC) of the two-wheeler vehicle;
  • Original copy of the insurance policy bought;
  • A copy of the First Information Report (FIR) filed at the nearest police station;
  • A copy of the purchase invoice of the vehicle;
  • No trace report from the police confirming that the vehicle cannot be traced;
  • Original No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financier, if any;
  • A copy of the intimation of the theft of the vehicle made to the RTO;
  • Duly signed RTO transfer papers (Forms 26, 28,29,30 & 35);
  • A copy of the Registration Certificate (RC) marked stolen by the concerned RTO after the loss of the vehicle;
  • Anti-money-laundering (AML) documents including PAN card, 2 passport size photo, and residence proof for recovery of the amount exceeding Rs 1 lakh;
  • Deed of subrogation cum indemnity on judicial stamp paper.

People Also Read