In a world where a healthy lifestyle is a far-fetched idea and where everyone is busy trying to create a great life for themselves; health insurance plays a very important role. A health insurance plan offers financial assistance in case of unfortunate things that may occur to one’s health. It is considered wise to monetarily protect yourselves from medical expenses that create a hole in your pocket! More so, especially for young adults up to the age of 25, health insurance at this age will not only help them secure themselves financially but also reduce the impact of the monetary stress that a medical condition would have on his or her.
There are a few best health insurance plan for a 25 year old male in India. For example, Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, ICICI, Star Health, Apollo Munich and so on. However, the best health insurance plans are the ones offered by Max Bupa Health Insurance Company. The company offers health insurance plans that are one of its kind with special features and benefits.
Max Bupa Health Companion Insurance Plan
Max Bupa Health Companion is one such incredible insurance product that holds no disadvantages. It is an all-inclusive health plan that can be bought at nominal rates. For the purpose of insuring a 24-year-old male, this individual health plan is the perfect fit.
Given below are some of the unique features of Max Bupa Health Companion Individual plan.
- Sum insured: 3 Lakh INR and 4 Lakh INR
- Hospitalization: Medical treatment costs are covered in case the insured individual or the insured family members are hospitalized. Additionally, this plan also covers hospital accommodation charges.
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses: The plan covers hospitalization-related expenses for the 30 days leading up to hospitalization and 60 days following the hospitalization.
- Daycare treatment costs: All daycare treatments are covered.
- Refill benefit: If you happen to diminish your base sum insured and no claim bonus, either partially or completely; you can receive an additional sum insured that is equal to your base sum insured for upcoming claims in the same policy year as long as it is for an unrelated illness.
- Renewal benefit: On completing one policy year, you can avail both the given benefits.
- No Claim Bonus: 20% increase in sum insured based on the base sum insured in case of a claim-free policy year with no penalization in case of a claim.
- Health Check-up: You can also avail for health check-ups for you and your family once in a span of two years (for variant 1) and once in a year (for variant 2 and 3).
2 year policy duration: Avail a 12.5% discount on the premium of the 2nd year, if you take a 2 year policy.
- Direct claim settlement: The plan provides you with convenience and hassle-free claims as all claims are processed directly by the claims settlements team.
- Tax benefit: Avail tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax act.
Alternative treatments: The plan allows you to explore other treatments like Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy and Siddha under AAYUSH in-patient treatment.
- Free look period: This plan offers you a 15 day free look period within which you can cancel your policy and also mention the reason for your cancellation.
1. Eligibility Criteria
- Entry age: Minimum 91 days old and maximum no age limit
- Premium payment option: Single pay
- Sum assured: Minimum 1 Lakh INR and maximum 50 Lakh INR
- Plan duration: Minimum 1 year and a maximum of 2 years
- Dangerous activities
- Ancillary hospital expenses
- Dental/oral treatment
- Non-medical expenditures
- Mental and psychiatric conditions
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Eyesight and optical services
- OPD treatments
- Weight control and obesity-related programmes
- Unjustified hospitalization
- Disorders caused due to puberty and menopause
- Unlawful activities
- Sleep disorders
3. Claim process
- Preferably, connect with the help desk of network hospitals 72 hours before the treatment.
- Keep handy your Max Bupa Health Card/ policy number and Adhaar card, voter’s ID, driving license or passport for identification purposes.
- Upon identity validation, you are required to submit a pre-authorization form.
- A relationship manager is assigned to you to make the hospitalization simple and hassle-free for you.
- You can then get admitted and sign all invoices, forms and documents upon discharge.
- According to policy terms and conditions, the company makes payments to the hospital for pre-approved treatments.
Conclusion- Best Health Insurance Plan for a 25 Year Old Male
Max Bupa Health Insurance offers plans that deal with most types of medical emergencies. The health companion plan comes in three variants. It has alternatives of health companion individual, health companion family floater and health companion family first. Max Bupa Health Companion Individual offers to top up with an annual aggregate deductible option of 1 Lakh INR, 2 Lakh INR, 3 Lakh INR, 4 Lakh INR, 5 Lakh INR and 10 Lakh INR. This plan offers lesser premiums as compared to health plans offered by other companies and make it even more affordable for young people.